Day 15 - Gender Swapped

A/N -Another break in the story and set in modern times. Also it's really dumb, but it was part of the challenge so...
Penny was late for school for the first time all year. She usually was a good student and probably wouldn't get into too much trouble. She turned into the gateway to see a deserted entrance. Not a good sign. She ran up to the door but was interrupted when trying to open it. "Late, baby?" Darkie, Penny's girlfriend asked. Her real name was also Penny, but that was too confusing so they gave her a nickname based off her look.

"Uh yeah, kinda need to hurry," she answered. "Screw that, come with me," she urged. "I can't miss school," "It will only be for first class," "Okay fine," she sighed, auguring was futile. She took Darkie's hand and let her lead her. They stopped at a bench and sat down, "Ah! What a load off." She stretched and yawned. Penny took out some sweets her mother had given her. "Yum!" Darkie said taking some. Penny giggled, resting her head on the others shoulder. "I should be late for school more often." They watched the traffic go by quietly together through the chain linked fence. Penny took the black haired girls hand.

Darkie leaned over and nuzzled Penny. Penny blushed and smiled, "Stop being cute." "You're the cute one!" She joked. Their lips met in the middle and they kissed until the sound of the bell pulled them a part. "Now you're really late," Darkie winked.