Day 23 - Making up

Dark Pit groaned and hung his head, coving his face. "Idiot," he whispered. He got out of the bed and walked over to the door shyly. As he approached he could hear quiet sobs. He frowned, feeling incredibly guilty. "Pit?" He called. There was no response. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have pried," he said sincerely, leaning up against the door. "I'm an idiot, please open the door..." He heard the sound of the door unlocking.

He backed up as Pit opened it slowly. His cheeks were stained with tears, and he was clutching the scroll in his left hand. He said nothing, and sat on the side of his bed. Dark Pit joined him. "I'm sure you're wondering who they are," he said weakly. Pittoo put arm around him. "You don't have to-" "No, it's okay, you should know."
Pit opened it slowly and stared at the faces looking back at him. "They we're my friends," he whispered. Dark Pit was confused, he had never seen any other angels beside himself and Pit.

"There used to be so many angels. That's why the palace is so big...that's why my room is so far down the hall. Medusa...she had predicted that Palutena would build an army like that. She had a weapon ready that would kill angels...but I never could...fly," he paused to wipe his cheek. "I wasn't a full angel so it didn't kill me, I was left alive in a field of ... They...my...friends...all of them...." He burst into tears, holding his head with his hands. Dark Pit hugged him tightly. He had no idea what to say so he just stroked Pit's head.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you," Pit said looking up at him after awhile. He had sunken down and was basically lying across Dark Pit's lap. Dark Pit smiled, "No, I'm sorry for snooping." "It's okay." Dark Pit picked up Pit and put him back to bed, lying down beside him. Both angels drifted off quickly.