Day 24 - Gazing into each others eyes

The next morning, Pit had become his cheery self again. "Good morning, handsome," he whispered into Dark Pit's ear. Pittoo smiled and sat up. "Good to see that smile," he said hugging the light angel. Pit giggled and kissed him. "Good to see yours." Pittoo hadn't even noticed how wide his smile had grown. "Uh I can't hang out this morning," he said sadly. "Aww why?" Pit sighed. "Viridi needs me, but I'll met you at that place you showed me the sunset, just before the sun sets," he said getting dressed. "Why there?" Pit asked. "No reason."

Pit was reluctant to let Dark Pit go, and waved goodbye until he was just a spec in the distance. "I miss him already," he groaned walking back into the palace. "Oh cheer up Pit, you can help me clean the place," Palutena said smiling, causing Pit to groan even more.

"Really?!" Viridi said excitedly. "Shhh, don't tell Palutena yet. You know she would just tell him," Dark Pit said. Viridi nodded. "I want to get a special one but...where do I go to get such a thing?" He asked. Viridi motioned him to follow her into her room.

Pit was brushing the floor around Palutena's bath. "I thought you said we?" Pit grumbled. Palutena sighed, "Goddesses don't work Pit." He rolled his eyes and continued looking out the window. 'Why did he want to meet there...'

Dark Pit picked up the small object and studied it. "It looks pretty simple..." He muttered. Viridi hit him over the head with her staff, "It's priceless dummy." He rubbed his head and grumbled. "Alright, I should go back soon then," he said wrapping it up. She nodded and they both got in the lightning chariot.

"Alright, I can fly you," Palutena said. Pit smiled and ran up to the door. "Ready when you are!" He called back. The hatch began to open slowly, and Pit closed his eyes as the wind flew in. He took a step out, and he felt Palutena begin to take control. 'Better hurry, it's almost sunset!'

Dark Pit paced as he waited. "You're making ME nervous," Viridi said. "Shut up....I'm running over it in my head," he sneered. He sighed and slumped on a rock nearby. "What if he says....no?" He thought out loud. He put his hand in his pocket when a familiar voice sounded behind him, "Oh good, I'm not too late!"

Pit ran over to Dark Pit and hugged him. "It was a boring day without you!" He exclaimed. Pittoo smiled, fighting back the nerves. "Come on," he said grabbing his hand, "Let's get closer."

They sat in the same place as before. Dark Pit felt himself sweating. 'What is this? I don't get nervous,' he thought. Pit was humming as they watched the sunset. 'Now or never...' He grabbed Pit's hand, and moved his face to face his own. He gazed into Pit's bright blue eyes as he spoke, "Pit, I've only been alive for awhile now, but I know that the only thing that's ever brought me the slightest bit if happiness is you. I was so confused, so scared but, you didn't give up on me, you even made me smile." He felt a tear roll down his cheek which startled him, he had never cried before. Pit reached over and wiped it away gently. "So....I just wanted to ask," he pulled out the little box and opened it for him, "Pit, will you marry me?"