Day 25 - Getting Married

"If you don't get up, you're going to be late!" Palutena said. Pit yawned and stretched. "Ah, is it time already?!" He asked jumping up. Palutena was standing in his room. She was carrying a formal tunic in her arms. It was much fancier than his other one. "Thank you, Lady Palutena," he said taking it. "Oh, look at my little Pit growing up," she said hugging him tightly. Pit smiled and hugged her back. "I promised myself I wouldn't cry," she said letting go. "Alright, I'll leave you to get changed."

Dark Pit hadn't gotten much sleep. It had been only a month since he proposed, it all seemed so surreal. He couldn't contain his excitement and nerves. "Palutena sent over the tunic," Viridi said. Dark Pit took it and examined it, "Woah." It looked much better than he had expected. "Hurry up and get dressed, it won't look good if you're late!" Viridi said leaving. Dark Pit chuckled, 'You're not that good at hiding your emotions, Viridi.'

Pit entered the busy halls. Centurions we're running back and forth, carrying various objects. "Good morning captain, you're decorations are almost complete," a centurion holding a scroll and quill stated. "Thanks to all your soldiers! See you at the ceremony," he shouted back as he walked quickly up the hall.

Dark Pit was getting into the chariot with Viridi when Phosfera appeared. "Don't even think about leaving without me," she sneered, floating beside him. "Do we have to bring her?" Pittoo asked, getting a small shock. "I'm afraid so..."

Pit burst into Palutena's throne room. She was spouting orders frantically. "Oh there you are," she said grabbing his arm. "Woah- What's this about?" He asked. "I need a rehearsal! I don't want to make any mistakes," she answered. "Lady Palutena, you're the goddess of light...I'm sure you won't," Pit tried to complement, hoping he would get out of a pointless rehearsal. "Nice try, now let's run through it from the top!"

The main hall was filled with centurions, other gods and goddess and a frightened looking Dark Pit. He tried to avoid looking at the growing audience filling the seats. 'I didn't think so many would show!' He thought checking his tunic. "Why not try smiling?" Palutena said as she appeared under the arch. Pittoo felt himself relax a bit. "It is your wedding day after all!" "How come so many gods showed up?" He whispered. "Well the only two angels left are getting married, it's a big deal!" She explained. Before Dark Pit could even say anything else, music began to erupt from the end of the hall.

Everyone began to quiet down and seemed to be looking in that direction. Dark Pit felt his palms become sweaty as he looked down through the sea of gods and centurions. At first, he couldn't see a thing but at the first glimpse of the familiar bright smile and blue eyes, he began to smile. Pit was ignoring the onlookers, staring directly at Dark Pit the entire time.