Frostbite

Feel free to run me over with a truck after this chapter
Cus I'm feeling evil >:3
And you will know why
Soon

-----------------------------

"She's gone?"Jesse whispered.

Amber,with wide eyes,nodded.

"Should we wake the others?"Amber asked.

"That will only cause panic.We need to find her ourselves."Jesse sighed.

"It's midnight."Amber got up and opened the door.

Jesse went past her and broke the dirt boarding up the door,then boarded up the door again from the outside.

There were no Endermen,which was both relieving and strange.Why?

Jesse would have tp find out later.

"Jesse,I might know where she is."Amber said.

"How?"

"We don't have time for an explanation.Petra could be shifting as we speak."

"Shifting?"

"Turning into a wolf.It's too cold out here."Amber started jogging away.

Jesse followed Amber.

The forest seemed so much more sinister knowing that an Infected Endermen or Infected person could jump out at any time.The breeze made Jesse shiver with fear and the cold.

Amber was right,it's too cold to be out here.

What if Petra was a wolf already?

Amber slowed to a stop and looked around with a confused expression.There was a river in front of them.

"What's wrong?We need to find Petra now." Jesse almost hissed,but it was the worry that made her head go into panic mode.

"I can't find her trail anymore.She must have gone into the river."Amber put one foot in and decided that it was shallow enough the wade through.

"Her trail?"Jesse echoed.

"Everyone has a trail,Jesse."Amber answered.

Jesse waded through the river and came out shivering.

"That was too cold."Jesse said.

"Maybe she jumped over?"Amber suggested.

"Was that a joke?"

"Maybe."

Jesse started following Amber again.

For a moment Jesse thought that Petra had turned...or shifted,as Amber had put it,but then they found her.

Let's just say,Jesse had never,ever  thought that Petra could look like this.

She was shivering,curled up into a ball and whimpering softly,her eyes closed.Every few seconds a spasm gripped Petra's body.

She looked so weak.

"She's shifting."Amber said softly.

"Can't we warm her up?"Jesse suggested,desperation creeping into her voice.

"You can't stop it."Amber sighed."Soren would never let us stop it,I don't think."

Petra whimpered again,and Jesse's heart cracked.

Petra opened her eyes and they met Jesse's.Both were full of agony,physically for one,mentally for the other.

"Jesse."Petra rasped."Jesse,it hurts!"

I wish I could take your pain instead.

"Why did you leave?"Jesse asked instead.

Petra hoarsely gasped as a spasm ripped through her body.

"I didn't want to be useless."Petra whispered."Food.We needed food."

"You're not useless!"Jesse protested."Without you I would be dead many times over."

Petra opened her mouth to say something else,but another spasm happened,more intense, and she cried out instead.

She grew smaller.

Teeth turned into fangs.

Skin turned into fur.

And then she was a wolf.

"Will she...remember us?"Jesse wondered as a rust-coloured wolf lay panting where Petra had been.

No,it was Petra.

"No."Amber breathed,"All she knows is that she's a wolf."

The wolf-Petra got up and glanced at Jesse,then Amber.Petra turned and ran deeper into the woods.

Jesse bit her fist to not cry.

*%()%*%)^)#(#!*%^)

The walk back was filled with silence.

Lukas was standing outside the shelter.

"Where were you?!"He yelled."Jesse,Olivia thought that you,Amber and Petra were dead!"

Amber and Jesse exchanged glances.Then Amber raised her head to the sky and closed her eyes.

"So...where's Petra...?"Lukas asked.

Amber cupped her hands around her mouth and howled.

Lukas backed up a bit,suprised.

There was a second of silence after Amber howled,then there was a howl from deep in the woods.It was the same pitch as Petra's voice.

"That would be Petra."Jesse whispered.

"Wait..."Lukas started."She changed?"

"Shifted."Jesse agreed.

Lukas took in a sharp breath.

"Olivia wants to sleep with a fire lit."Lukas changed the subject.

"I'll be fine with that."Jesse looked at the ground.

"It's not light that will keep me awake tonight."Amber said.

--------------------

So,who wants to run me over with a truck?

Hahahahahah.You'll have to catch me first.

That was painful to write.

I'll go sit and think about what I have done.

Just wondering,but does anyone ship Amber with a member of the new Order?