Wild Eyes

Everyone took the day to rest,even though Petra said she could find food.So the next day,when everyone was hungry,Jesse went out with Petra,Olivia and Amber to find food,leaving Axel with Lukas.

"I think I smell cows."Olivia said with suprise in her voice.

"As human?"Jesse asked.

"Hey,that's how I tracked Petra when she went off in the night."Amber shrugged.

"So...you lied."Jesse summarized.

"I couldn't just say 'I'm a werewolf so I can smell her'."Amber pointed out.

True.

They found the cows and killed them for meat.Jesse did try to avoid killing animals after...you know...Reuben...but they needed everything they could get their hands on.

"So,Amber..."Jesse started."How did you bring Olivia with you when you shifted?"

"I actually have no idea."Amber admitted."I planned to shift with Olivia's scruff in my hand,but I sorta..."

She tried using hand signals to finish off her sentance,but it was clear that even she didn't fully know.Olivia seemed relieved to change the subject to the Soren.

"Soren has definitely gone mad."Petra said.

"Ya think?"Amber raised an eyebrow and Petra huffed at her.

Amber huffed back at her and Petra growled.So,Amber held grudges.But so did Petra.

"You don't need to contradict everything I say."Petra looked away.

"I thought that was what you did."

"No!"

"Yeah."

"Nope."

"Yep."

"NO!"

"YES!"

Olivia walked in between the two and muttered "Just stop,".

□♤\}~}~♧~♧○》》◇》◆《□♡♢○♢

They got back to the shelter to see that Axel had built a furnace,and he grinned at them when he saw them holding meat.

Lukas was lying down,eyes wide open.

"How are you,Lukas?"Jesse asked,

"Empty."Lukas breathed.

Jesse exchanged a glance with Olivia.Empty?He was probably just feeling flat.

Petra put the meat in the furnace,but Axel admitted that he hadn't gotten any charcoal or coal or anything,so Petra went back outside to get some wood.Jesse saw her shaking her head as she went out of the door.

Jesse saw that Amber had sat down in the corner,looking disturbed.Jesse glanced over at Lukas,who was muttering something.

"What are you mumbling,Lukas?"Jesse asked.

"It's not important."His words were slurred and quiet.Tired?

Was there something about Lukas that nobody had seen?
She went over to Amber.

"Hey."Jesse greeted.

"Um.Hi?"

"Something up?"

"You know that book I dropped as a wolf?"

"Yeah,"Jesse had forgotten about it for a moment.

"Did anyone pick it up?"

"Were we supposed to?"

"Maybe.I don't know."Amber sighed."It was my journal.I stopped using it a while ago."

"Did you want us to read it or something?"

"Yeah,something like that."Amber leaned on the walls of the shelter.

Jesse frowned."Do you want me to get it?"

"It doesn't matter anymore.It's gone."

Gone?How?Jesse wanted to ask the question,but didn't want to know the answer.

------------------
So.Hi.

What do you think about the Amber-Petra hate thing?

And what is up with Lukas?I'm not killing him,I swear,but there is something wrong with him.

Bai.