A Savior?

I screamed, I screamed, and I screamed again. My strained voice bounced off the walls of the jail cell I was being held in. I was surrounded by brick walls, and a metal door locking me into this hell. I was starving and exhausted. I couldn't even remember the last time I had seen daylight. They were using me like a pawn, waiting for the rebels to come save me, only so they could slaughter them all. I needed a plan, but any plan would be hard to execute weaponless, and exhausted. I screamed again, but this one was more out of anger. The Empire was sick.

I cautiously tried to stand up, a wave of nausea washing over me. I didn't have anything in my stomach to throw up, so it never came. I walked slowly and steadily towards my cell door. It wasn't a large cell perhaps fifty feet total, but it was still an effort to walk. I stood by the door, preparing my strained voice.

"I need food," I said, my voice was gravelly.

"Too bad," someone on the other side of the door replied.

"If you're going to torture me like this, wouldn't it be more enjoyable, if I had energy to endure it?" I said, it was a stupid bargain, but it was all I had.

"Maybe, but I'm not stupid enough to touch filth such as your self," the voice said.

I nearly puked in my own mouth, I'm filth?

"Who said you had to touch me?" I said, choking back my emotions.

They seemed to consider this. I prayed that they were really as stupid as I needed them to be. Then my door began to open. A surge of hope leaped through my veins. A white armored arm poked through the crevice slowly, a half eaten apple at the end of the arm. I acted immediately. I pushed the door open more, grabbing the arm and twisting. A distressed cry came from the stormtrooper's helmet that I could now see. I tried with all my might to flip him over my shoulder, barely succeeding. A satisfying thud bounced off the walls of my cell. He was out cold.

I grabbed the troopers weapon, and looked down at the half eaten apple. I picked it up, eating the rest. I then placed it in the troopers hand safely. I smirked at the sight. I darted out of my cell and ran down the halls as quick as my legs would let me move. I didn't see any other prisoners, and thankfully not another stormtrooper, though I knew they were around.

I ran around frantically, trying to find an exit, but what would I do when I did escape? I didn't want to go home. Anywhere was better than here, but home was miserable. I lived in the shadow of my older "sister" she would be the one to get the crown, even though neither of us were rightful heirs. I was always being told things I had to do, and nothing I wanted to do ever happened. Besides leading the Rebellion didn't exactly sound fun. I let out a sigh, I had found the exit. Now it was time for me to go home right?

I ran out of the crappy jail. Then there was yet another thing I didn't expect. Two troopers stood outside speaking to two civilians. A small town wasn't too far away, that was my hope. Firing at them would draw too much attention. I dashed through the sand as fast as I could, but they still noticed me.

"Hey!" one of them shouted, before engaging me.

Crap, I ran as fast as my legs would carry me, and as I got inside the small town I still ran. I looked back, to see the troopers still in pursuit. Then I ran face first into something, or rather someone.

"Hey watch it," they let out, as I fell onto the ground.

"Sorry," I said jumping up quickly, I went to run yet again, but the stranger grabbed my arm.

"You're being chased by the two bucket heads right?" he said, I stared into two hazel eyes.

"Uh, yeah," I said cautiously, this guy looked not very much older than me, and his brown hair kept falling into his eyes.

"Follow me, nothing like beating up some Imperial butt," he said, grabbing my arm and pulling me forward.

"Thank you, I'm (y/n)," I said.

He smiled back at me, "The name's Han."

~~~

"Finally awake I see?" a voice said.

I opened my eyes, and gave up all hope. None other than Darth Vader stood in front of me. His presence was intimidating to say the least.

"What do you want?" I spat.

"You will learn better than to use that tone with me, princess," He said, and the tension in the room multiplied by ten. "You know exactly what I want. Where are the rebels hiding the stolen plans?" he said.

"I would tell you but I don't know," I said cautiously.

"Do you truly think I am stupid enough to believe that? They're hidden somewhere in that little head of yours," he said.

"I really don't know," I said, then a device of torture appeared in front of me.

My face whitened, how long would I be able to hold out? I was screaming yet again. The sequence of events seemed to pass in mere seconds, even though it was probably hours. My home had been destroyed, and I was stuck in the arms of the Empire. I sobbed as they ushered me into a cell. Thoughts from the past kept rushing into my head, flashbacks of my family that was now dead. I laid motionless on a metal cot. Then my cell door opened yet again, more torture? I sat up.

"What? What do you want now?" I exclaimed.

"We're here to save you," one of the stormtroopers said, then proceeded to take off his helmet.

I stood up, "You really expect me to believe you?" I asked.

"Yes, we were given a message from your sister. I'm Luke," he said.

The other stormtrooper stood very still as if he was in shock. I pointed to him.

"What about him?" I asked.

He took his helmet off slowly, then a familiar face stared down at me, a face I never thought I would see again. I didn't think I just acted. I slapped him, so hard my hand stung. He looked at me just as stunned as ever.

"What, no thanks for trying to save your life?" said, none other than Han solo.

Hello! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I am thoroughly enjoying writing it. This story is finally kicking off, yay! Anyways votes and comments are appreciated, thanks!!! -Vamp Lover