Resolved Tensions

Okay so quick before this chapter, I just wanted to say thank you guys so much for over 1,000 reads!!! Holy heck that is crazy! Thank you all so much, I seriously love everyone who reads this story! -Vamp Lover

Your POV

I had learned two things in the past 24 hours. One, getting shot sucked, and two, it was incredibly hard to stay angry at Han Solo. My calf erupted in pain every time I tried to put weight on it, luckily I had Han supporting the majority of my weight. How on Earth did I get shot? Aren't bad guys supposed to have terrible aim? Well I suppose from the stormtroopers point of view we were the bad guys, but it still sucked.

I wanted to be genuinely angry at Solo for leaving me all those years, but I just wasn't. I suppose it wasn't his fault, but I didn't exactly know how to blame someone I had never heard of before in my life, who was this Lando Calirissian? I had always prided myself 'forgiving but never forgetting', however this time I felt as though I needed to do some research on this so called man who had stolen my only friend from me. Alas, that was another problem for another time.

I had two things I needed to learn, how in the world had Leia convinced this unlikely band of people to come to my rescue? And what in the world had Luke so upset? I wasn't one to pry, but I could tell he was coping with some real tough stuff.

As I ran over my thoughts in my head I hadn't really been paying attention to what Han was saying to me. In fact I hadn't even noticed until he stopped walking. I looked up at him confused.

"Well Princess guess I'm not interesting enough?" he said through a smirk.

My cheeks began to burn a bright red, too embarrassed to call him out on calling me Princess. Yikes, what had he been talking about? I mentally scolded myself.

"Ship things?" I guessed aimlessly.

"Yep. Ship things, definitely," Han said through yet another smirk. "I'll tell you some other time," he continued as we walked near the cock pit, where sat Leia, Luke, the wookie I presumed to be Chewbacca, and the two droids that I recognized from before, C-3PO and R2-D2.

"Ah Miss Organa! Nice to see you awake," 3PO said to me as we entered.

"Yeah, still doesn't feel too great," I murmured, looking down at my leg.

Luke smiled at us, R2 made some beeping noise, and Chewbacca made some cry I couldn't decipher, which Han replied to with "Shut it fuzz ball." My sister seemed to just stare at Han's arm around my body supporting my weight, she looked conflicted.

"How's the leg?" Luke asked as Han led me over to a chair, which I sat down in happily.

"Hurts like hell, but that's alright," I replied.

"Well at least the make shift bandage I made seems to be working," Luke smiled to himself happily.

Han stared at me, raising an eyebrow. Maybe I had forgot to tell him Luke fixed up my leg after I woke up. He probably did it before too, but I wasn't exactly aware of my surroundings then. I simply shrugged.

I averted my attention to Leia, I wanted answers. "So how exactly did you come to my aid?" I asked.

She thought for a moment before speaking, her hair was done in elaborate buns beside her head, and I was relatively jealous of her ability to look the least bit distressed, she even looked pretty. Then again, I didn't particularly know what I looked like, I imagined bags under my (e/c) eyes, and my tangled (h/c) hair that I obviously needed to attempt to tame. Yep I probably looked pretty scary, my limp, dirty dress, and all.

"Well I didn't particularly know where the escape pod you shoved me into was headed. I simply hoped for the best, and perhaps signs of Rebels. R2, C-3PO, and I didn't look particularly lucky when we landed in the middle of Tatooine. If we hadn't have been near Luke's home, I don't know what would have happened to us. I didn't think I could save you myself, so I went in search of Obi-Wan Kenobi. I'm afraid it may have caused more problems than it did benefits, but we found him. With several losses on Luke's behalf, that I still feel guilty about.

"We no longer had a place to stay, due to the destruction and killing of those in search of me. So we set off to find you, we knew we needed a pilot, we engaged in search at Cantina. That's where we found the smuggler," she gestured towards Han, who raised his arms in the air as though he were offended. "We had our pilot, so on our way to you we went," she finished.

"Well that's rather simple I suppose," I turned to Luke. "I hate to make you talk about it, but may I ask what losses you had to suffer from on my behalf?" I questioned.

Luke gulped, and I couldn't help but feel bad. "Well my aunt and uncle weren't lucky enough to make it out, after we were gone. Then there's old Ben, who I'm afraid didn't leave the ship with us."

"Gee kid I'm sorry. I know well enough what it's like to lose someone," I said, depressed by his past.

I made eye contact with Leia, she had to have known what happened to Alderaan. All our family lost. Her expression was sad and defeated. I glanced over at Han, who was staring at me intently. Leia stood up abruptly, breaking the moment of silence.

"We should be arriving at Yavin 4 soon enough, I would like to have a word with Han Solo for a moment," she said.

Han stared at her like she was a lunatic, "Something I did Sweetheart?" he said.

"Just follow me," she said walking out of the cock pit.

Han threw his hands up in the air and followed her.

I glanced at Luke yet again, noticing something shinny in his hands. "What's that?" I questioned curiously.

Luke smiled, "A lightsaber."

My mouth nearly dropped open, "What?"

Hello again! Just wanted to apologize for taking so long to update, my family has been sick and undergoing surgeries, and I've had a hard time finding the time to update. I'm going to by trying to update much more frequently! Thank you to anyone who's stuck with this story so far, I super appreciate it! Anyways, I love you all, hope you have an amazing week. -Vamp Lover