A High Speed Chase

Your POV

Wind tore at my face, and rogue strands of hair were tangled in my mouth, only I couldn't fix it because there was no way I was letting go of Han. Our speed was way too fast for my liking. We had probably five stromtroopers to catch, and if we didn't our lives were going to be ten times harder.

Trees were everywhere, but they really just looked like smudged blurs due to our intense speed. Leia was next to us on a speeder identical to ours. I didn't think she actually knew how to work the machine she was on, but I hoped that she at least had some idea.

Han maneuvered through the trees as though he had been doing this his whole life, well I guess he sort of had been. Regardless, I couldn't think of a better person to be with.

We weren't moving for very long until I saw the first blotch of white. The stormtrooper bringing up the rear wasn't too far in front of us, and if we could catch him I didn't doubt that we would catch the others.

"(Y/n), grab my blaster," Han said from in front of me.

His voice was muffled, but I could make the words out clearly enough to understand. I grabbed his blaster pistol from his holster, holding on for dear life with my other arm. The speeders had guns, but I could bet that a trained shot would be much more effective.

I raised my arm towards the trooper, aiming my shot. I fired just as the stormtrooper made an abrupt turn. The poor tree I shot toppled forwards, and nicked the side of the trooper's speeder. His vehicle swiveled, and he crashed into a large tree, flames and smoke erupting from the scene.

Han floored the speeder, with Leia not too far behind us. The air smelt of burnt wood and pine. We quickly came in the sights of two more troopers, they were flying side by side.

"You go for the guy on the right, we get the guy on the left!" I shouted towards Leia.

She made an abrupt nod with her head, and turned the same direction the troopers did. I expected Han to do the same, but he kept going forward.

"What are you...?" my sentence trailed off as I saw a fallen tree trunk that slanted upwards.

"Han!" I complained, gripping his waist as tight as I could manage.

"Don't worry Princess, it's me," Han said, his words only somewhat reassuring.

Our speeder soared onto the fallen tree, and we launched into the air. Our speeder hit the ground right where the two separate paths we were following connected. We landed right behind the two stormtroopers we were chasing. Leia's vehicle was side by side with the stormtrooper's on the right. She was doing a better job at keeping with him than I anticipated.

Han adjusted our speeder a small bit so that we were directly behind the trooper on the left. Han fired off the blasters quickly, no need in wasting time with a blaster pistol. The trooper's ship burst into flames, and he began to spin out of control, ultimately smacking the ground.

I glanced over at Leia, who looked as though she was winning her fight. She could hold her own.

"Keep going," I said to Han.

Han nodded, and floored the speeder yet again. We soared over fallen trees and misshapen bushes. It took a little longer than I would have liked, but we finally caught up to the two remaining troopers. Their armor stuck out like a sore thumb in the forest, so they were easy to spot. Good job Empire, good job.

Han fired at them, but they weren't as stupid as the others. One of the two troopers dropped back behind us, and the other remained in front. As much as I was afraid, I knew that Han couldn't take them both out by himself. I let go of his waist with my hands, and twisted my body to the side. I aimed Han's pistol at the trooper behind us, but I was too late.

The trooper shot at our speeder, and our vehicle shook violently. A noise erupted from my throat as I was thrust sideways. I flailed my arms, trying to regain my balance, but I wasn't fast enough.

"(Y/n)!" Han shouted as I tumbled to the ground.

If it weren't for my Jedi training, I probably would've smacked the ground and gone unconscious. I was able to do a sideways like twirl as I fell towards the ground. It gave me just enough time to move my feet underneath me as I hit the ground.

I acted quickly, pointing my gun at the trooper that made me fall. I shot his speeder, and his course wavered, resulting in a head on with a tree. I couldn't help but feel satisfied with the explosion. I turned my attention to Han, who wasn't too far away yet.

I looked just in time to see Han outsmart the trooper next to him. The trooper was to focused on Han, and not what was in front of him. He smacked a tree, and went up in flames. Han did a quick circle around the fiery tree, and came back towards me. Han slowed down as he reached me, and lowered his hand for me to grab.

I grabbed Han's arm, and swung myself onto the speeder.

"Next time, try not plummeting to your death," Han said to me.

"Well obviously it wasn't my death."

"You get the point," Han countered, I didn't have to see his face to know he had his signature look all over it.

We made it back to our group in a short amount of time. I guess speeders were called speeders for a reason. We jumped off of our vehicle as it came to a stop, and my legs felt like jelly from the new lack of heat and vibrations emitted from the engine.

Several rebels were gathered around a small map laid out on the floor. It made me happy to see that my comrades were still concerned about the mission. Chewy and Luke stood next to each other. Chewy's arms were crossed and he was leaned against a large tree. Luke stood near, his expression scanning the trees as though he was waiting for an ambush of some sort.

Chewy's expression lit up as he saw Han and I. He let out a cry, and ran towards us, sweeping Han and I into a large bear hug.

"Yeah buddy, we missed you too," Han cooed.

I laughed at Luke as Chewy let us go. Luke simply walked towards us at a leisurely pace, a stupid grin on his face.

"So I take it you were successful?" Luke asked giving me a side hug, and clapping Han on the back.

"Aren't we always?" Han asked.

I smiled broadly, happy to be around the two men I adored.

"Where's Leia?" Luke asked us.

My smile quickly disappeared from my face and my eyes widened.

"I thought she was here," I said.

Luke simply shook his head.

"Great," Han sighed.

"3PO, R2," I called, gesturing towards the droids.

Han turned towards the group of rebels.

"Alright, team A has to take a rescue mission. Team B, stay here and wait for orders."

A chorus of groans and complaints came from the small group, and I couldn't blame them. It seemed like we always did the hard stuff. Lucky us. 

Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter! I keep saying I'm going to make longer updates, and I promise that I will, I just need more time! I've been busy with the family all day, and we all know how that goes. Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed, and I hope that you all have a fabulous week. As always, thanks for the read! -Vamp Lover