A Celebration

Han's POV

The Death Star was gone, the rebellion had done it. After we were able to disable the shield generator, I made sure that I had my radio transmitter ready. In the time that it took for us to finally get the call, Leia, Chewy, and I were all able to gather the rebel soldiers and Ewoks alive or wounded. We took everyone to the trees where we knew we would be safe.

Once Lando finally did tell me the mission success, I could hear the rejoicing in the back round. The entire galaxy would soon know the fall of the Empire and the prevail of the rebellion.

As soon as I got the news I walked to where our soldiers and allies were sitting around, large grin on my face. As soon as she saw me, Leia stood up with hope in her eyes. Chewy let out a loud cry, and several soldiers and Ewok's alike looked towards me eagerly.

"We did it," I said simply.

The reactions of the group where very diverse. Some people smiled so wide it looked like their skin was about to tear, some jumped into the air and clapped each other on the back, some smiled softly with tears of joy in their eyes, and others simply stood there shocked. In the chaos of the moment, Leia gave me a side hug, and before I knew it Chewy was lifting me off of my feet and squeezing me until I couldn't breathe.

"I know big guy," I said through a gritted tooth smile.

Even our two droids appeared behind us. 3PO started to murmur junk I wasn't really paying attention to, and R2 began to make beep noises of all sorts. I grinned at the group again. Don't get me wrong, I was overly happy at the rebellions success, but I wasn't entirely into it. I was deathly worried about (y/n). I hadn't talked to her since before we overtook the stormtroopers, and I just had to hope that she was okay. I had faith in her of course, but I couldn't help my nerves.

Leia elbowing me broke me from my thoughts.

"Han, look," she said, pointing to a figure walking across one of the many bridges in the trees.

My heart skipped a beat, and before I could even think, my legs began to carry me towards the bridge. I was practically in front of her before (y/n) noticed me, and her eyes lit up. Before she even had time to say anything, I pulled her to me. My lips crashed against hers, and in that moment all of my fear and anxiety wilted away. (Y/n) was safe, and that's all that mattered to me. (Y/n) looped her arms around my neck, and my hands slid to her waist as we broke apart.

"We did it Princess, we did it," I exclaimed as I hoisted her into the air and swung her in a circle around me.

(Y/n) let out a laugh, and I grew warm on the inside. I put her down reluctantly, and let her speak.

"Of course we did," she said, resting her forehead on my chest.

I wrapped my arms around her obviously tired form. I didn't have to be there to know that (y/n) had gone through a lot. I wasn't going to push anything out of her either, she would tell me what happened with time. I was rather curious about one thing however.

"Where's Luke?" I asked squeezing (y/n) tightly.

"He's taking care of our father. He should be here soon," (Y/n) said, turning her head to look me in the eyes.

"Well, I'm glad you're okay. I need you watching my back after all," I said, shooting her a wink.

(Y/n) laughed as we broke our embrace and she took my hand.

"Where would you be without me, Captain?" she questioned.

I grinned as we walked back to the group, "Nowhere that I want to be."