The Ice Caves

~ Three months later ~

Your POV

Cold, brisk air hit my face, sending chills up and down my spine. Sweat made my hair stick to my forehead. How was I sweating on a frigid ice planet? I have no clue.

The rebel's had been jumping from planet to planet for some time now, and Hoth was my least favorite. We couldn't leave the base without our heavy snow gear, which made me feel twice my actual size. A large white coat with a furry hood was wrapped around my torso. My white pants were built for the snow, and my boots came up to my knees, not to mention I had a gigantic pair of goggles shielding my eyes from the snow. Then came the fun part, everywhere we traveled we had to take a tauntaun with us. They smelled terrible, but their body heat warmed my legs, and I guess it's better for them to do the walking than me right?

"Hey Princess, find anything?" a familiar voice erupted from my small radio attached to my coat.

"No, I don't think the Empire knows we're here yet," I said, steering my tauntaun through the thick snow.

"Good, I've seen enough of those bucket heads. The temperatures are starting to drop, I'm heading back to the base. You should do so as well," Han said.

He was right, the temperatures would be devastatingly low soon enough, but something came into my field of vision that I wanted to check out.

"Alright, I'm going to check one more spot first. I'll see you back at the base," I said.

"Be careful."

I smiled, "Always Captain."

I brought my tauntaun into a faster gate, confirming my suspicions. Several large caves seemed to be etched into the side of a mountain. If the Empire was hiding here, I couldn't think of a better place to do it in.

I hopped down off of my tauntaun, grabbing the reins and leading it to a rock. I tied the reins to the rock, I wasn't going home on foot, a runaway tauntaun was the last thing I needed. I pulled my blaster out of my belt, and walked into the cave.

Elaborate ice formations aligned the cave walls, and gigantic icicles hung from the ceiling. It looked just like any other snow cave would, except for the claw marks along all the walls.

I stared at the walls dumbfounded. Whatever had done this was big, and I didn't want to stick around and find out what it was. I turned around quickly, facing tunnelways. Then another thought occurred to me, I hadn't been keeping track of where I was walking.

I let out a frustrated sigh, at the same time a loud screech erupted from deeper in the cave.

My body was shaking, and not just from the cold. Someone sounded like they were in trouble. I took in a deep breath, and plunged deeper into the cave. As I walked farther and farther inside, the claw marks were more definite. Something had gone wrong. I held my blaster tightly in one hand, and my radio in the other. I glanced around me, and noticed yet another frightening sight. A dead tauntaun lay not too far away.

I switched on my radio, "Han, something isn't right. Someone, or something, seems to have captured someone. Their tauntaun is dead."

"What the hell? (Y/n) wherever you are, get out of there," Han's voice came through.

"What if they're still alive? I can't just leave them here to die," I said, slowly walking forward.

"Don't be stubborn, it's not work risking your life. You know what, I'm coming to get you," Han said.

"No don-" I dropped my radio mid-sentence.

A cave monster stood in front of me. It was the size of a ship, covered in white fur. It's head had a black muzzle and two large sets of horns sat on its head. Its teeth were jagged, and emerging from its mouth. Then came the scary part, it was missing an arm.

The monster bared its teeth, and let out a terrible screech, charging towards me. I let out a startled scream, ducking behind a large mound of ice. The monster smacked at me with its arm, sending me flying across the cave. My back smacked into an icy wall. I let out a groan, quickly aiming my blaster at the icicles above the monster's head. Just as the monster turned to charge again the fire hit the ice, dropping onto the monster. The monster let out another screech, and then was squished flat.

I let out a shaky breath, moving my torso at all hurt like hell. I didn't even want to think about how many of my ribs were broken. I stood up with tremendous effort, clutching my side. I scanned the area for my radio, it was nowhere to be found. Great.

Whoever had been captured, may still be alive. Considering the monster was missing an arm. I cautiously walked around the monster, calling out.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" my voice was thick and raspy.

I slowly continued to urge forward. I walked through multiple tunnels, trying to ignore the constant throbbing around my lungs. The snow looked worn down, but I finally came across footsteps. I crouched down to the ground, wincing at the movement. Whoever had left these had done it not too long ago. I continued forward, following the footsteps.

I don't know how long I was walking, but I finally came across someone laying on the ground. I hurried towards the figure, squatting near them to see their face. Despite being frozen, the body looked in relatively normal condition.

"Ben, Degobah," a whisper came from the body, and then I knew who it was.

"Luke?" I exclaimed.

Han's POV

I was beyond worried about (y/n). They were closing the gates soon, and ever since she stopped mid-sentence I couldn't get through to her. I glanced over at Chewy, who was helping me work on minor repairs to the Falcon.

"Chewy, I'm going out there. Keep an eye on the ship alright?"

The wookie looked up at me, letting out a cry.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be careful and I'll bring back Luke too," I said before turning away.

I began to walk through the rebel base, towards where they kept the tauntauns. Pipes and cables aligned all the walls and floors of the place. Not to mention several random boxes and supplies stood untouched in the middle of the hallways. Getting used to all this rebel stuff was really going to be a struggle.

I was almost to the stables, when someone shouted after me.

"Captain Solo!" C3-PO shouted after me.

I rolled my eyes, "Can it wait?"

"No sir. The princess says it's urgent that she speaks with you, something about unfinished business that she needs to address."

"Sorry droid, but there's more than one princess, even though you all seem to forget that. One of which happens to be more important than me to the other, with that said I'm leaving," I said, reaching the stables.

"But sir you can't leave now, your tauntaun will freeze!" 3PO said.

"That just means you're waisting my precious time. So tell your princess I'm busy, and while you're at it tell the Rebel commander I'm going after Luke and (y/n) I could use some help eventually."

"Bu-but!"

I ignored the droids frantic protests, swinging onto the tauntaun. With (y/n) on my mind, I urged my tauntaun forward, and we plunged into the cold.

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter! We're officially starting off The Empire Strikes Back, yay! I've got a lot of stuff planned, but my question for this chapter is, What do you guys want to see throughout this one? Anything in particular you just would die without? Let me know. Anyways thanks for the read I love you all!!! -Vamp Lover