Stuck in the "Cave"

Hey guys, quick before the chapter I just wanted to say, thank you all so much for over 5k reads!!! That's so crazy to me! So thank you to everyone who has read this story, I hope you all enjoy the chapter! -Vamp Lover

Your POV

You'd think that after risking your life to try and help the rebels you would be granted a short moment of peace. That was not the case.

As soon as the Falcon departed from the snow base, we were being chased by multiple tie fighters.

"Great, just great," Han mumbled, before being assaulted with Leia's nagging.

The two became engaged in argument after argument, about the problems with the ship, why we couldn't go somewhere due to the ships brokenness, and where we needed to go.

"Both of you stop it," I said. "I don't care what's going on, the fact is if we don't loose those tie fighters we'll probably die. Leia since you're not flying the ship, I suggest you let Han and Chewy make the decisions."

Leia glared at me angrily, and Han pulled his signature grin.

"You heard the Princess," he said, then plunged straight into an asteroid field.

My stomach dropped to the floor, and I had to grab my chair just to keep from vomiting. Hundreds of asteroids whipped by us. The Falcon, and several of the tie fighters dodged through the field without a scratch. The other tie's weren't so lucky. They smashed into the large asteroids, emitting small explosions each time.

"Am I a genius or what?" Han said through a smile.

I hit the back of his chair, "Yeah and if we die it's on you, Genius."

"Oh my, what is going on?" a distressed C-3PO emerged out of nowhere, disrupting our talk.

"Wait, how did you get on here?" I asked.

"The rebel soldiers of course! Where would you all be without your translator droid?" he said happily.

"I'd be short of a headache, that's where," Han mumbled.

"Okay, well we have bigger problems to worry about," I said, turning from the droid and facing the large windshield that overlooked in front of us.

We seemed to have entered an asteroid almost large enough to be a dwarf planet. Other asteroids floated around us, but they were barely noticeable above the surface of the singular asteroid. Ridges so deep they looked like canyons aligned the asteroid, and we were lucky enough to be inside of one. Two large walls surrounded us, and two tie fighters were still on our trail. The walls seemed to be closing in, the canyon was getting narrower and narrower.

"Han, I hope you know what you're doing," I said, digging my fingernails into the chair I was sitting in.

"I always do Princess," he said, and just as we could barely fit through the canyon, he jerked the controls, flipping the ship sideways as we soared through the ending of the rift.

One of the tie fighters smacked the canyon wall, but the other kept up its pursuit. We had nowhere else to hide, the area was now open space.

"Oh no," Leia said.

As the tie fighter shot its blasters at us, Han directed the ship down towards the ground. I opened my mouth to scream, but no sound came out because we were now soaring through a cave. The tie fighter following us smashed into the cave walls with a satisfying crash.

"Now that my friends, is how you fly a ship," Han said, landing on the bottom of the cave.

The cave was very dimly lit, and the walls seemed a lot closer to the ship than I wanted them to be. The atmosphere just felt wrong. Needless to say, I had no plans of going outside.