[141]

I am not defined by the harsh words that slide off of your tongue as fluidly and easily as water cascades down a waterfall, but as strong as it can be when it pounds against the rocks below.

I am not defined by your taunts, your murmurs, your mutterings.

I am defined by the rules I choose to follow, my actions and my choices, my ideas and terrible thoughts that are locked away inside of me. My throat, a cage, imprisoning the words I wish to say, but cannot.

I am not a freak, a witch, a monster you so strongly think me to be.

So tell me, when you gaze superficially at your own reflection upon looking in a mirror, do you see the person that society pushes you to be? Do you see a perfect figure standing before you, a role model, a future leader of the vile generation that I do not wish to be a part of!

Because when I look around me, at the people staring, praying under their breath when they see me, at them all scooting away as I near, I see the monster you believe to be true.

But it isn't me.

It's you.

(-unknown-)

--------------------------------------------------

A/N: Again, I'm not suppose to update today because I have exams but THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your love and support! Thank you for the 100K reads and making this book #1 in Poetry for 3 days! It means a lot to me, thank you guys so much!

Have a nice day everyone!

03.08.16