Part 26

Don't you dare tell me I can't.

Today was the day.

Lauren paced back and forth outside the cafeteria while the rest of her class was all crammed in the small space behind her, chattering away and reminiscing over memories through the years. She doesn't know how many times she had gone over her speech but she wanted it to be perfect. She ran it over and over in her head, occasionally looking down at the paper she held in her right hand when she forgot something. She took a big breath in and folded the paper before slipping it in her robe.

"Jauregui, are you okay?" A familiar voice sweetly asked.

The corners of Lauren's lips curved up. "I'm fine, Camz." She turned around and found her beautiful girlfriend smiling brightly at her.

Camila had her blue and gold gown unzipped showing off her tight fitted white dress underneath. She wore her natural hair, wavy and lusciously falling down her face. The blue cap pinned in it with a slight angle and the gold cord loosely hanging on the right side.

The two girls both wore the same exact gowns but to Lauren, Camila wore it better.

"Looks like you're about to pass out." The brunette teased as she walked towards Lauren and grabbed the flaps of Lauren's gown. She straightened them out before fondling with a white sash that marked the girl's title.

"Nerves." Lauren shrugged casually. "The speech and all."

Camila's brown orbs flickered up as she gently laced her hands around Lauren's neck. "Hey," she said softly, "you're going to nail it."

The taller girl sighed.

"I'm going to forget the words and blank out. People will laugh at me and I'll be known as the valedictorian who gave the worst speech." Lauren rambled insecurity evident in her voice. Camila just chuckled lightly and shook her head causing the raven-haired girl to furrow her eyebrows together. "Why are you laughing?" She whined.

"Because the Lauren Jauregui I knew was always so confident. Nothing stood her way. She's fearless, optimistic, assertive, and most of all down to earth person I've ever met. She conquered every hill she came across." Camila spoke eloquently. "She's my rock in this slippery slope we call life."

"Camila..." Lauren whispered lovingly but was cut off when the shorter girl shushed her.

"And though you haven't showed me your speech, I know it'll be great. So put all the past valedictorians of Miami High to shame. Make them regret writing their poor excuse of a speech." Camila grinned then gave her girlfriend a wicked winked. Lauren bit her lip and smiled at the brown-eyed girl.

"Maybe you should just do my speech for me. You're better with words anyway." Lauren suggested.

"Yeah right." Camila snorted. "When it comes to you, I never know what to say."

Lauren blushed and wetted her lips by instinct. "I love you."

"I love you too and don't you forget that." Camila replied sincerely.

"Can we kiss now?" Lauren asked slyly as she leaned in.

"Nope!" Camila declared, pulling herself off Lauren's grasp. "We have friends to say goodbye to." She held out her hand for Lauren to take and smiled. "Let's look back on our years in this horrid place, shall we?"

The pale girl took Camila's hand and intertwined them together. "It wasn't that horrible."

Camila raised an eyebrow questioningly. "Uh yes it was."