"your brother is hot"

37| "your brother is hot" (con.)

On account of Taylor calling dibs on the remote, we end up watching  some movie called Aquamarine. For the most part, I think it's about  mermaids of some sort, but I don't particularly care one bit about  paying closer attention to it, because for one Michael's already seen it  and has spoiled the entire thing within the first ten minutes and two,  my cramps are back.

The  lights are dimmed, we're all eating dinner, Andrew and my mom upstairs  in their room and I set my plate carefully on the arm of the chair,  shifting uncomfortably.

It was already bad enough that Michael and Taylor felt like they needed to take up an entire  sectional cuddling, Ashton just barely hanging off the edge, and I was  forced to share a chair with Luke, but now it was almost as Mother Nature  was making me pay for making my cramps go away in the first place.

For the first time ever, I think I finally get what Asking Alexandria  meant when they said, "now I'm back and I'm better than ever".

Curling  up in the single chair besides Luke, I draw my covers up over my  shoulders and subtly cross my arms over my stomach; trying not to let on  how much pain I was in. I didn't want to get up, I had gotten up only a  few minutes to actually use the bathroom, and getting up again would draw attention to me.

"This  is the part where they go looking for her in the water tower," Michael  comments. There's a chorus of 'shut ups' and I laugh before wincing.

"You alright?" Luke whispers.

"Yeah," I nod quickly, hoping he'll go back to to watching his movie. And he does.

But  not before casually twisting sideways in his seat, and slowly, gently  and subtly settling his hand on my waist. He discreetly slides it  underneath my shirt, pressing his palm flat and firmly against my  stomach, and then almost as if nothings happened he looks back at the  TV.

His skin is warm and soft against  mine and I can't lie and say that my heart doesn't quicken at his touch  when he starts to slowly massage circles there.

"Ah," I sigh, appreciatively. My whole body buzzes at the contact and goosebumps break out all over my torso.

"You okay?" He asks again, "Do you need me to get you another pi--,"

"Luke," Chelsea calls out, cutting him off, from where she's sitting up on the floor, her back resting against the couch.

I watch as he reluctantly tears his gaze away from me, turning to look down at the small blonde haired girl, "What?"

"Do  you go to Greensboro High?" Her plate is on the floor besides her, and  with her fork she twirls her noodles around, gathering them. Without  taking her eyes off of my laptop, I watch as she stabs a piece of  broccoli and lifts it to her mouth.

He nods, "Yeah," and then he looks back at me, "Do yo--,"

"Did you have Ms. Edmonds for Social Sciences?"

Luke  turns back again fixing his mouth to say no. But then his brows furrow  and he tilts his head slightly to the side, "Aren't you like thirteen?  How do you even know Edmonds?"