"it's not stupid"

44 it's not stupid

Once we get in the house, Bryana ventures off to find my mom and to use the bathroom, and I set the dresses down on the vanity table in the foyer before grabbing Ashton's hand and pulling him upstairs into my room.

He stumbles over the landing, Bryana's bags flying down out into the hallway, and when I glance over my shoulder, the sight of him on his hands and knees, makes me burst out laughing. Despite himself, he smiles. "Oh, shut up."

T-shirt's and makeup are all over the place, and I bite my lip to stifle my laugh; raising my hands up in mock surrender, "I didn't say anything." A giggle slips past my lips, "But you should probably your glasses back on, you dork."

Ashton rolls his eyes playfully, and just as he grabs one of Bryana's heels, preparing to throw it at me, Luke's door pulls open. Blue eyes look from me, to the clothes on the floor and then over at Ashton; who's still clutching a very sparkly pink stiletto.

Leaning coolly against his door frame, Luke gestures to the suitcases, "Don't tell me you're moving in, Ashley."

He's carrying his guitar in one hand, and he's still wearing his sweatpants; a maroon colored hoodie pulled over his head. And even though he looks incredibly crazy, being so covered up in this hot weather, the thought of him staying in bed all day playing his guitar makes me smile, and I have to hurriedly crouch down to gather a bundle of Bryana's t-shirts; hiding my smile behind them.

Ashton ruffles a hand through his hair, drops the shoe and sits back on his heels, "Oh, I am." He smirks, dimples deepening, "Gotta say man, I'm definitely looking forward to Annie tucking me in at night."

I chuck pair of jeans at him, rolling my eyes in amusement, "Leave me out of this, you creep." I look over at Luke, "He's not moving in." Blue eyes stare impassively down at me and then Luke slips back into his room without another word. Ashton rolls his eyes, "I don't know what I ever did to that kid, but he really doesn't like me."

Reaching up to brush my loose curls back towards my ponytail, I shrug, "If it makes you feel any better, he didn't like me at first either." Ashton smirks, "He's probably just jealous of our good looks." I laugh and then we both hurry to pick up Bryana's stuff before hurrying into my room.

The tall boy awkwardly pauses by the doorway, and I glance over my shoulder at him as I set the bags down by my closet, "What're you doing? Come in."

Ashton's hand digs in his pocket, and he pulls out his glasses; carefully putting them on. "I'm in your room." He announces slowly, "I've been in your house more than a few times and this is still uncharted territory." With a laugh, I flop back on my bed and watch as he drags his eyes around my room. Lips curl into a smile, "Are those the curtains you bought from Target the day we met?"

Looking over at the light pink, sheer curtains, I find myself laughing again, "Oh, yeah. Nice touch, don't you think?"

With an amused nod, Ashton heads over to my desk and gracefully drops himself down in the chair; his long legs stretching out in front of him. "So," he starts leaning forward to grab two pens from my cup holder, "Does this mean we don't have to finish the centerpieces?" Fingers absentmindedly start to drum them against the wood surface.