A Demon's Contracts

Nighttime fell and engulfed Ciel Phantomhive's sleeping chamber into an abyss of darkness. The only source of light was the candelabrum that his demon butler was holding. The taller one carefully rid his master's clothes as he dressed him up in his usual dress shirt. Yawning, the boy sat in the middle of the bed and rubbed his eyes with the back of his tiny hands, a gesture which didn't go unnoticed by the demon, for he somehow find this little scene a tad cute... adorable even..

"Do you wish for me to stay the night, bocchan?" The demon lad questioned, as he tuck Ciel under the warm and fluffy blankets sprawled across his bed.

"No, I'll be fine by my own this time." Said the earl, as he pushed away the embarrassing memory of asking his butler to stay, the night previously.

"I understand, my lord. Just call my name if you need anything at all." Sebastian smiled as he blow out the flame dancing above the candles, leaving the room completely at the dark's mercy.

The moment his butler left and the sound of the wooden bedroom door chimed against his ear, Ciel immediately thought he had made a mistake. Forcing his eyes close made no difference, he still felt that numbing fear of being alone surrounded by nothing but pure darkness. As proud as he may seem, he had always hated being alone in the dark. He tried and tried to fight back those fears by forcing his way to sleep only to be haunted by them in forms of ridiculously vivid dreams. Although, the peculiar thing about those dreams would be how they'd all end up the same.. Him calling out the demon's name as he ordered him accordingly.

He may not admit it to the servant's face, but this indeed calm every frantic nerve inside him, the morbidly unwelcome vulnerability against the dark fades every time he asks him to stay and wait for him to lose conciousness. He knew deep down that he basically owe his life to the demon, but thought otherwise every time he was reminded that those same arms which pulled him out of every harm's way, would also be the same arms to end his pathetic little life in the end.

The Phantomhive boy tossed, turned, sat up, flopped down, and still wasn't visited by drowsiness. Without clearly thinking it through, Ciel stood up, wrapped the blankets around his scrawny shoulders and exited the spacious room. Not minding how cold the floor was against his feet nor how wide the hallways appear to be.

***

Sebastian indulged himself in preparing the ingredients and procedures necessary for tomorrow's menu. From marinating the chicken, baking the cakes, restocking the eggs and dairy, and such. It took him less than one and a half hour to finish up everything and is now becoming quite bored. It was such a shame that he won't be graced by the sight of his master Ciel squirming across his bed as his nightly nightmares bombardes him.

The demon smirked, the way his master confidently shouts his name and order him to end the life of those who wronged him, echoing against his ear. Such a brave and courageous soul for a mere mortal child.. Ciel is still nowhere near attaining his desired revenge and yet his pure and untouched soul already reeks of its intoxicating and addictive flavor, making the demon's mouth water just by thoughts of it..

Sebastian flopped down against the bed the he rarely uses, he has no work to do until the sun rises and decided to just lay back down and rest... not that he needs it though. He closed his eyes and these visions from his past started crashing on him like tidal waves.

Him serving as a knight for his greedy and selfish master to obtain the throne. The tattered clad blond who sold his soul just to find his long lost mother, which ended up being dead for years. The girl who asked him to be her husband just before their contract ended, mind you that she was the most annoying human he had met... next would be his current master's betrothed, Lady Midford. Last but not the least was his former contractor, previous to Ciel by a decade or two..

His foolish mistress, the one who bargained her soul in exchange for saving her lover (who were a soldier) through the war.. The sorry excuse for a man left her still, convincing the demon that that was by far, the most despicable, pitiful and, petty contract he engaged into. Also, she had been the only human he ever told about the so called 'curse' of their kind.

Sebastian let the chuckle escape from his lips, the way that the girl believed that such curse exists. A demon wouldn't stoop low enough to be frightened by such curse, let alone believe it. He was about to recall the very story about this curse when a faint knock shattered the silence surrounding him. The loud thumping of someone's chest behind the closed door wasn't spared by his sharp hearing, thinking it was the clumsy maid, since she often palpitate a lot whenever he's around, he made his way across the room and opened the door.

"What is it that you wan-- .. Bocchan??" The sight of his small master draped with a blanket and barefoot by his doorstep stupefied the demon to no end. He stared at the child as if he had grown a second head by his neck.

Ciel began visibly fidgeting, his butler's burning gaze arose his embarrassment even more, he reminded himself to smack his head against a wall for making such foolish move... The young boy cleared his throat to mask his overwhelming embarrassment for what he was about to do.

"Well? Are you letting me in or what?" He succeeded delivering it sternly, snapping the demon out of his trance.

"My apologies, master." The demon mumbled before opening the door wide enough for Ciel to enter. Roaming bicolored eyes scanned his butler's room. It was nowhere near grandeur as his own but it was the largest amongst all of his servants'.

"Any particular reason that my master graced me his presence at such late visit?" Sebastian inquires, but instead of answering, his little lord sat down in the middle of his bed with a mixture of embarrassment and authority in his face.

"I will be using this bed tonight, you are in no necessity of it either, am I right?" The boy questioned, Sebastian nodded his head in agreement and immediately, Ciel flopped down onto the bed and covered himself with the blanket. Confused as he was, the demon just stared at the child's back as he made himself comfortable.

"Sleep well, my lord. I'll be taking my leave now." He proclaimed which made the boy jolt up from his previous position.

"No!" Ciel practically screamed, echoing throughout the room. He instantly felt his cheeks warm up as he tried to save whatever dignity he has left. "I m-mean.. Stay.."

"Think nothing of it, do you understand me? I merely just cannot fall asleep. Remind me to be checked for any signs of insomnia.." The little earl added, ears as red as his cheeks.

Sebastian can't force his lips not to curve upward, taking amusement at the flushing mess, that was his master. He bowed and blowed the candle out by the bedside table. Standing by the door as he again watch Ciel rest his body down and attempted to sleep. The silence was shattered once more when the boy spoke.

"Oi.. Sebastian.." The tiny voice called.

"Yes, bocchan?" Sebastian answered, an amused grin still plastered upon his face.

"Stay close to me..." Those four words need not be repeated as the butler made his way towards the boy and sat by the edge of the bed. Thinking his smile couldn't get any wider, Sebastian was yet again proved wrong when his little lord muttered a small "Goodnight.." under his breath. Barely audible but it was no challenge for his hearing.

Ciel felt the pressure of Sebastian's presence by the bed and immediately, he felt that familiar security that indulges him whenever he's around, but of course he wouldn't covey it to the demon's face. Funny how a creature from the depths of hell can provide him the feeling of being safe that he lost long after that dreaded day. The boy sighed in relief and felt his big round eyes close on their own, giving way to sleep..

Sebastian could've left right then and there, the boy merely asked him to stay, he had not commanded it. But it were as if his eyes were glued to the sight of how peaceful and serene his master's face was against his bed, as if he was tied by the bed that he couldn't move, as if he was lured to watch the boy sleep and stare at the rare gem that is Ciel Phantomhive...

---

A/N: on time update! Hahaha. So how was the second chapter? Share your thoughts or vote up, my dears. I really appreciate all of them. See you in a week! 😘