A Demon's Poem

If Sebastian was like any other human, his perfectly white teeth would've been ground to powder at the intensity of how he grit them behind those lips that were pressed in a hard line. He tried ever so badly to calm his short breaths, tried to keep his composure that was slowly crumbling under that intense gaze from the single blue.

"Well?" Ciel said, growing impatient with his butler's silence.

"Meet me tonight, in the center of your labyrinth. No later than 30 minutes after the clock hits 9..." Sebastian finally responded.

"Why must you make me wait? Just spill it out alread-"

"Bocchan..." The butler intruded, a subtle warning in his tone, garnet eyes flashing a bright magenta for a moment. Making Ciel gulp involuntarily, maybe he had pushed it too far to argue with the taller lad.

"Fine... Tonight then. I expect to be informed of everything I wish to know." After a curt nod and a small bow, the butler took his leave. His master completely being overwhelmed by his wild curiosity behind the closed door of his study.

***

"Earl?" Chocolate eyes curiously stared at the obviously dazed boy. For some apparent reason, the Earl had been glancing back and forth the huge clock situated by the wall throughout the entirety of their dinner.

"Wha--? Pardon me, Mr. Author. Umm, you were saying?" A dash of pink glazed over those snow-white cheeks as the young boy internally smacked himself from his lack of focus since his had converse with his butler earlier.

"Earl Phantomhive, I clearly understand that you are a busy man, you have a ton of things occupying your mind. I'm more than willing to continue this conversation some other time." A genuine smile flashed across the author's handsome face, leaving Ciel feeling guilty as to how rude he had acted throughout the evening.

"I'm truly sorry for my lack of manners, Arthur. I'll inform you beforehand about when we could continue our chitchat." Offered Ciel, which the brunette instantly agreed to. Completely clearing the earl's schedule for the day, except for one. His cryptic meeting with his demon butler.

As Ciel counted down the hours into mere minutes, he grew more agitated. He was utterly sure that he wouldn't be able to focus on anything or anyone so long as his curiosity still haven't been quenched. And there is no way to extinguish it other than to follow what his butler had instructed.

"Sebastian?" Ciel called as he stood in the entrance of the wide labyrinth that was the main feature of his garden. After hearing no response from the demon, he started making his way to the center. He knew the maze by heart and had no problem remembering when to turn right or left. But the odd thing was the small note nearby the entrance that said:

Gather the roses if you wish to unveil the truth...

Despite the doubt and uncertainty behind the vagueness of it, he reluctantly picked every single one of the black roses which littered every turn he had to make. Surely Sebastian would come to his aid if he were in some kind of danger, right?

After minutes of recalling which way to go, Ciel finally found himself in the small yet breathtaking garden housed within the heart of the labyrinth. In his hands were a total of 13 black roses. He scanned the place, searching for the familiar tall figure that was his butler.