A Demon's Confirmation

The demon clad in black kept phasing back and forth around the large manor that his master owns, glancing at the enormous clock situated by the wall did not help him the least bit. Dinner was long past served and still no sign of his young master nor his blond fiancè. Sebastian could've rushed through that carnival if it wasn't for the order that he simply cannot disobey...

A low growl emitted from the pillar of his throat upon the mere memory of the damned order.

~Flashback~

Sebastian followed curtly as his master made his way to the awaiting carriage that'll escort them downtown. Once the lady Midford disappeared in sight through the confines of the carriage, Ciel abruptly stop dead in his track to face the taller male. A confused look was shot by the butler as he eyed his little lord staring at him.

"Well? Aren't I going to hear your sorry excuse for an explanation about all those fuzz since this morning?" Crossing his arms against his chest, Ciel waited for the explanation that he himself does not have any clue what for.

"What ever do you mean, my lord?" Was all the reply that the demon can muster up, staring dumbfounded at his scowling master.

"Don't play dumb with me, demon. Whatever your little game is, I do not like it one bit. If you're planning on teasing me and Elizabeth any further then I reckon it would be better if you just stay here instead." Ciel hated the thought, hated that uncertainty hidden well behind his scowling mask, hated that slight fear of being vulnerable to the open without Sebastian by his side. But being the proud boy that he is, he dwelled with the thought but surely would never voice it out.

"You can't really mean that, my lord. You know full well how things could turn out badly in a blink of an eye. So why don't we just carry on and step inside the carriage?" Quickly, the demon tried to walk past his little lord and instantaneously end that nonsense of an argument only to be stopped by the feel of that warm and tiny hand surround his wrist, right above his gloved hand. Whatever that peculiar warmth that spread throughout his chest by that seemingly innocent gesture was rapidly extinguished when Ciel's stern voice registered his ear.

"You are to stay in this manor and not to leave it at any cost, not until I return from our trip or if I specifically called unto you. It's an order, Sebastian..."

~End of Flashback~

The demon butler ran his hand across his jet black locks out of sheer frustration. The surge of panic never ceased his mind ever since the stubborn boy left with the blond female that Sebastian apparently despises even more.

Why must he make such harsh decision just to ease his annoying fiancé's uncomfort? Why would he flaunt himself vulnerable in the hands of whoever has even the slightest dark intention towards him, just for her sake?

Sebastian was yet again enveloped by that bitter and foreign feeling he'd been trying ever so hard to ignore since the Lady Midford arrived. Wondering why on earth was he acting so worked up just for the boy's attention. He silently cursed himself for thinking it through, for only one reason pops out in the back of his mind, screaming for his attention.

"It's the curse.."

The small voice repeatedly said, making the demon growl with defiance. He shook his head, not bothering if he looked like a fool, arguing with his own self. He refuse to believe that such thing as a demon curse exists, not once in his long life had he encountered a demon claiming they were under a curse. If there truly was a curse, why must he be the only one suffering it? All those confusion halted once the large oak door burst open, followed by heavy stomps of heeled shoes that Sebastian quickly recognized. He let out the breath that he apparently been holding on for quite a while as the thought that Ciel made it home in one piece dawned on him.