A Demon's Trouble

"For the nth time, where the bloody hell is Sebastian?!" The young earl shouted, not caring if he sounded like the child he so refuses to be. Pink head winced slightly as she tried her best to retort back without stuttering.

"He's still out doing some errand, young maste--"

"Oh come of it! I never asked him of such!" Ciel bellowed, completely startling the poor maid that she stumbled back, shaking. As the earl took in the sight of his frightened maid, he immediately regretted that childish of an act.

"I didn't mean to raise a voice, I shouldn't have lashed out my rage on you... You may now continue your duties, I'll deal with that bastard myself." The female smiled softly upon the subtle drop of apology from her proud master and responded with an appreciative nod before taking her leave.

Left alone in the wide dining hall, a plate of burnt beef(?) and some potatoes(?) in front, was the irritated slate-haired boy. He clicked his tongue and harshly pushed the plate away. Having not served a decent lunch after eating cold, leftover scones for breakfast pushed the young earl to the edge, all the pent up irritation erupted and was lashed out through the poor pink-head.

"How dare he... Didn't even made sure that his master was to be fed properly.. Tch." Ranted the boy, recalling how his day started bitterly.

~Flashback~

As the bright ray of lights hit the lidded orbs of the young earl, he growled feebly. He never was a morning person, he despises waking up early in the midst of the morning, especially upon the exhaustion from yesterday's drama. He felt his butler's gloved hand as the demon shook him lightly to conciousness. Being the stubborn boy Ciel was, this didn't stop him from shrugging off the hand and attempting to continue his sweet sleep.

"Master..." Sebastian called, which the boy only responded with a grunt.

"Is it really necessary that we go through this every single morning, my lord?" After an irate sigh, those dark lashes elegantly blanketing the boy's plump cheeks finally fluttered open. Immediately, Ciel took notice of how the usual crimsons of his butler never met his gaze. Sebastian usually was the one to promote eye-contact, intense stare usually welcomes the young earl which he always shot back with a glare.

Now, seeing that his butler isn't even looking him at the eye, doesn't mean Ciel were not to glare at him.

"It's still too early..." Glares were shot towards Sebastian's direction but none of them met the garnet eyes which were now focused on unbuttoning the earl's nightshirt.

"After canceling yesterday's schedule, it's rather unfortunate to tell you that you're quite bombarded with meetings and paper works, young master." The butler mechanically said, irking the boy for some apparent reason. Ciel decided to set aside his agitation about his butler's indifference as the events from yesterday sparked up his memory, immediately, his eyes locked upon the sight of the Phantomhive ring laying above his bed side table, glistening against the light with all its glory. The memory of him throwing his arms around his butler made Ciel want to bang his head against a nearby wall, regretting the action to its full extent.

"You will not speak of what happened last night, clear?" The earl commanded, trying to mask the embarrassment with the authority from his voice.

"Understood." Was the butler's reply. Ciel cannot help but furrow his brows in confusion. Something was absolutely off with the demon. Normally, he'd be teased, made fun of, or maybe be responded with some snarky comment with those playful smirk. Today, however; Sebastian wasn't even displaying his "sweet" smile that goes along with his "one hell of a butler" facade.