A Demon's Mistake

Never had the demon lost focus over any task. He always made sure to prioritize even the smallest of duty that comes with every single contract he engages in. But now, Sebastian simply cannot focus upon anything as his mind drifts off to the young bluenette currently sitting behind his huge oak desk, most probably signing tons of paperworks that comes with the responsibility of handling a company at such a young age.

A smirk crept its way pass his lips as he imagine his little lord grunting or letting out small huffs of annoyance every now and then, as he continued working his little bum off. Normally, he'd cut off some time from handling those idiotic excuse for a bunch of co-workers, in order to bring his master a steaming cup of tea and a tray of desserts, knowing that the little devil is quite fond of them.

"Mey-rin, take this upstairs to the young master. Ask him to take a small break and please try and not break anything on your way up." The demon conversed, handing the small tray of tea and crackers to the cherry-head.

Inwardly, the maid wondered why the sudden change of ways? Usually the head of the Phantomhive servants made it clear that their job was nothing more than to guard and maintain the manor to its outmost glory, while he on the other hand is one responsible to tending and serving the manor's young earl. At times, it even appeared to her that the butler was rather quite possessive when it comes to taking care of their young master, making sure to personally tend to their master's every need. So, it really left the clumsy maid flabbergasted as she obediently took the tray of snacks upstairs, knocking against the closed door where her master currently was.

"Enter." Ciel responded, halting the soft knocks against the ornate door of his study. Came entering was the four-eyed maid, much to Ciel's surprise.

"What did you idiots do this time that required the pressence of my butler, who was supposed to be the one doing all of these?" The annoyance and authority in his voice very well hid the subtle inquiry of his butler's whereabouts, fully expecting his dashing butler to enter the study and serve him his afternoon tea like he usually does.

"H-he merely asked me to bring this to you, bocchan. Oh.. A-and he asked you to t-take a small break, my lord." Said the maid, full of stutters. Brows of slate color formed a crease of frustration against the earl's forehead, wondering the reason behind his butler's cold and overly-fake attention. Surely, he wanted nothing more than to storm off to where his demon was, pin him against a wall and ask what his damn problem was. But his calm and collected side urged him to take a deep breath instead and dismiss the maid standing in front of him.

"It doesn't matter.. I'll tell it to him this evening. Tell him how I truly feel.." Ciel reckoned, calming every frustrated and frantic nerve inside him. Hoping things would revert back to normal after this evening's "talk"..

***

"Leave the dishes to the others and follow me upstairs, Sebastian." Ciel chastised after eating his dinner, leaving no chance for the demon's usual alibi. Sebastian nodded, legs feeling like lead as every step took him closer to the boy's study and have their little game of "truth or die". Once the click of the wooden door's lock chimed in, the young earl wasted no time to glare at the demon butler a few feet far from him.

"Talk.." He commanded.

"Where to start, young master?" Was the taller one's respond. An irate grunt emitted from the bluenette as he strode in front of his demon butler and harshly pulled that silk black tie surrounding his neck.