A Demon's Chance

It took all of Ciel's willpower not to wrap his arms around the demon. He gave the broad chest a light push and Sebastian broke away immediately.

"I'm not inlove with him..." Ciel argued internally.

"Are you sure this is not just some sick joke, demon?" The feisty little lord asked.

Sebastian chuckled sardonically.

"I am not allowed to tell a lie, my lord. And believe me when I say I wasn't expecting this curse much more than you."

"Curse?"

"Yes, my lord. You are my curse. It truly makes sense now if I look at it closely." Sebastian mused

"What curse?"

"Why.. the curse to be ensnared by something so mundane such as your so called 'love' of course."

"A demon? In love? Come off it!" Ciel clicked his tongue.

"Ironic isn't it? I reckon now you already know why I was so desperate to find some answers sooner." The butler answered.

"Is there any cure?"

"Not that I know of, my lord."

"Wait... Earlier you stated that 'you are aware' I don't return your feelings. Why is that?" The young earl cocked his head to the side and waited for an answer. He after all, came here to gain answers so might as well feed his curiosity to the fullest.

"It's part of the curse, bocchan" The butler clad in black started

"It was said that demon's aren't entirely titled to being the superior race without a hefty price. Those mortals that they often treat as cattles waiting to be slaughtered, would be their own downfall... Legends goes as, once in a demon's eternal life they will fall hopelessly in love with a mortal, these feelings were to last until there's a faux beat inside their chest... But never under any circumstance will that mortal return those feelings. Leaving the demon to dwell upon an eternity of vehement from something they once made fun of, mortal beings' pathetic broken heart..." His demon stated.

"Sadly, as I search for a cure, all I ever got were first hand statements claiming such curse really exists, that our kind surely enough are capable of loving, but not being loved..." Sebastian flashed a pained smile which made Ciel's chest constrict. Chosing to focus instead on this new found information, the young earl eyed his butler with furrowed brows before opening his mouth to speak.

"Y-you'll only love once? And this feeling will last for all eternity?" Blue eye met the pair of crimsons. Sebastian can't help but chuckle upon the pain-streak faced boy, guilt was clearly evident in his expression that made it impossible for the demon not to place another chaste kiss above the slate head.

"That's right, my lord... Which means, I'll love no one else but you... Even if you perish, wither, and die.. I'd still be cursed of loving you.. Till the very end." He proclaimed, truthfully. Suprisingly, having declared it aloud in front of the boy which was supposed to be his curse, didn't sound that bad at all.

Ciel's breath hitched. Why was he getting overwhelmed with guilt and pity all of a sudden? It was not his damn problem if this demon would suffer from something as pathetic as a broken heart. Then why does he want to make it all better instead? He willed up all his strength to met Sebastian's gaze, unsure of what to do next. Until his butler gently cupped his cheek with that warm gloved hand.