A Demon's Loathe

Sebastian held two of the earl's finest outfits juxtapositional. One of the preparations needed for today's visitor. Once the butler made the decision of in which clothes would his young master look best, he carefully laid it across the bed and summoned his master who was waiting inside the bathroom.

"Was it really necessary to cancel all of my meetings for today?" The young earl asked, his butler casually rubbing the soft and fluffy towel against his wet locks.

"I believe it so, my lord. You do know that Lady Elizabeth intends to stay for the whole day during her visits." The butler answered as he started dressing the boy, chuckling as a grunt passed through his master's lips.

***

The sun was at its peak when a carriage halted in front of the manor's main doors. Sebastian stood beside Ciel as they waited Lady Elizabeth Ethel Cordelia Midford to be escorted towards them. The moment that those pair of petite feet came in contact with the ground, the young lady with golden locks was already sprinting towards the dashing young boy clad in his favorite blue suit.

"Ciel~!!" Elizabeth squealed, her blond locks bounce graciously as she sprinted. She tackled Ciel with a bear-hug and rubbed their cheeks together, a gesture that Ciel and Sebastian were too familiar with.

"Ah, I have missed you so much, Ciel! And alas! Have you grown taller?" The blond lass proclaimed while eyeing the young boy. A comment that earned a teasing chuckle from the tall butler, which his master responded with a scoff.

As the butler busied himself preparing lunch, the earl and his betrothed exchanged tales about their times apart. Elizabeth is loud and enthusiastic which contradicts her fiancé's stern and gloomy aura, but this doesn't mean that they do not get along well. Ciel may be the guarded and scowling boy that he is, but this doesn't mean he despises Elizabeth's attempts to cheer him up constantly. The blond girl may have been an annoyance at times but still, she was family, and Ciel truly enjoys her company.

The demon butler eyed the young ones and noticed that his master's cheeks were ablaze when Lady Midford told him that he look stunning in his suit, not only that but a small and barely visible smile ghosted upon his face whenever the female makes those sound effects while conveying her stories. Sebastian's lips instantly press into a hard line and his brows met, making a crease across his forehead. For some reason, the scene he was currently witnessing wasn't to his liking at all...

The moment that the earl turned his head and their eyes met, Ciel's azure one looked at his butler questioningly, wondering why Sebastian was making such face of pique.

"Sebastian.." He called. The butler snapped from his trance, his face contorting back to his usual professional smile.

"Yes, master?"

"Is lunch ready?"

"Yes, my lord. I came here to escort both of you downstairs..."

"Very well. Lizzy and I would be going downtown to check upon the newly built carnival. Prepare the carriage once we had our lunch." Ciel stood up, followed by Elizabeth, and Sebastian tailed as they descended.

***

"The lunch was so satisfying! Great job as usual, Sebastian!" Elizabeth said as she patted her full stomach. Sebastian smiled and muttered his thanks.

"How did you become so good at cooking? Would you please tell me?" The blond asked. "So I can cook Ciel's favorite dishes once we get married." The added statement made the young earl choke from his tea while Sebastian fought off that peculiar pique clouding his mind, the stern expression on his face betrayed him greatly. But as he took notice that his Ciel choked upon the revolting statement, the butler rushed to his master's side as he gently stroked the coughing boy's back.