A Demon's Fears

"Sebastian!"

That lovely voice said.. The voice of his beloved one...

"Sebastian! No, let me go! It's a mistake! He would never... Sebastian!"

Why is it that his voice sounded strained? Is he hurt? Did someone caused him pain? His vision entered Ciel, but not in a state that gave justice to his beauty.. It was a bit blurry but he was sure of it.. It's none other than Ciel..

"Sebastian, do something! Tell them it was a mistake!" Begged the boy. Two pair of arms were holding his Ciel, preventing him from running into his own. As his vision focused, he dwelled with the sight of those panic-streaked eyes rimmed red as if he had just shed tears, the once pristine undershirt stained with blood; an angry gash, oozing warm blood, against that used to be flawless cheek. The boy's thin legs and scrawny arms were littered with scratches, wounds, welts, and other sorts of horrendous marks... And his slender neck... Once pale, now a pillar of fresh bruises.. Bruises in shape of a massive hand.

"No! listen to me! He didn't mean it! Sebastian!" The petite boy struggled to get out of their grasp, his little frame appearing to get even smaller as they drag him away from the demon. Sebastian reached out to try and get him, to take him away from those who had hurt him, but what he saw next stupefied him in place.

He reached out a hand, but he saw not the usual gloved one, not the hand that he intertwined with Ciel's, nowhere near the hand that touched his lover gently and lovingly, but a bloody and clawed hand.. He gazed down to see both hands are bloody, both of them bearing inhuman talons sharp enough to rip off flesh.. Hands befitting for a beast, such as himself..

That was when the voices started.

"I thought he was to care for the boy? Why hurt him then?" Said the voice from the right.

"What kind of heartless devil would torture an orphan child? I don't want you anywhere near my children.." Uttered the one from the left.

"Did you hear? The earl of Phantomhive almost gotten killed by his own butler..." Whispered someone from behind..

"What a demon.." Mumbled one. Followed by another, and another, then another.. Until the voices started speaking altogether.. Volume rising up in crescendo as they drowned out his lover's desperate pleas. Harsh names and accusations were thrown to him simultaneously, but eventually the voices mended into one, shouting vigorously in unison..

"Get away from him! You're a monster! Leave him alone, demon!"

They chanted, getting louder by the second.. Sebastian growled, screamed at the top of his lungs until all the voices stopped, only one of them remained, a voice full of anxiety yet coated with sheer determination, an all familiar voice from an all familiar boy..

"Sebastian! I order you to open your eyes!"

And then he felt being sucked back into reality...

***

Panting, sweaty, and utterly frightened.. A state that never had the demon imagine he would experience, not even in his wildest of dreams. His ragged breathing started calming down as his gaze drifted down onto the boy in front of him, eyes of different colors shimmered with anxiousness, the one bearing his mark glows a bright violet seeming to throb with every loud beat inside the boy's chest.. Once the demon was sure that his little love was perfectly fine, contrast to what he had saw a couple of moments ago, Sebastian caged him inside his arms, as tightly as he could, burying his face against the crook of Ciel's neck. The loud beating inside the small chest pressed onto his own seems to calm him even more, proof that his lover was more than alive and breathing.