A Demon's Frustrations

Ciel was indeed true to his words, he truly cannot gain anything from grieving over something that was entirely gone. No matter how many tears he shed, how many wails of pain he emmit, something lost would never be retrieved with such pathetic ways... This was something he had to learn the hard way, losing himself along the process. The Ciel that cried rivers of tears reminiscing the night he lost his parents, that same Ciel that shouted at the top of his lungs hoping someone would rescue him from the cage he had been locked up like a mere animal, that Ciel is dead and he'll never be back again.

The night that his right eye was etched with the mark of the demon he bargained his soul for, after that night when he watched the creature he never knew existed out of nightmares, dance across the crimson field of blood from those rough and calloused hands that showed him what hell looked like, that very night, he felt nothing...

He felt hollow, scarred yet utterly hollowed inside. No regrets, pain, nor satisfaction were felt as he watched them suffer under the demon's claws, begging hopelessly for their pathetic mortal lives as the creature of the night smiled and cut their throats out one by boring one.

The event that took place moments before shouldn't be any different. Ciel had already lost everything he once held ever so dearly, so what difference does it make to add a useless piece of jewelry to the long list of things he had lost forever?

The little earl willed himself to keep facing front, to not look back at the shattered remnants of his once glistening family heirloom. Leaving him completely and utterly oblivious as to how his demon butler reacted to such courageous display of maturity.

Exhausted, the word itself doesn't even cover half of stress that this day had caused the young earl. Starting from how his demon butler seemed to be quite odd since Elizabeth's arrival, how he had seemingly appear to be competing with the young lady for an unknown reason. The thought of the young blond made Ciel's heart drop, he had hurt her. He wasn't sure how, but he certainly had, he saw it in her eyes. Though one peculiar detail made the earl's brow crease with confusion. It was Lizzy's insistence about Sebastian being "something more" than his butler.

"My lord?" Trance was broken when that familiar low baritone called. Only then Ciel noticed that he absentmindedly walked towards his demon butler, who was then eyeing him curiosly.

"I... Umm. I w-wish to retire early for the night. Do not bother with dinner." Ciel lied

"As you wish, young master." The butler replied curtly. Slate head turned and started walking the opposite direction, only to be halted by his butler's call.

"Bocchan?"

"Yes?" A single blue orb peered over the younger's shoulder, catching an unfamiliar expression latched upon his demon butler's handsome face.

"Would you want me to prepare some hot milk for you?" Sebastian said, flashing the softest, most sincere smile that Ciel had seen. The young earl gave a quick nod before continuing the path to his sleeping chamber, small hand clutching his chest, feeling that odd warmth Sebastian's smile had brought.

***

As Sebastian made his way towards his little lord's chamber, a cup of milk in hand, his mind was still replaying its earlier admission. Ciel is his curse, it has got to be. Nobody else would be fitting to be his curse other than the prideful boy he now serves, his tyrant for a master. Looking back, as he recalled how different it felt to be contracted to the young earl, he now see that the overpowering need to be by his master's side all of the time wasn't just because of the boy's exquisitely fragrant soul, but because the boy himself was his curse.