Chapter 13

I saw a family of 5, 2 little girls who looked to be about 2 and 3, and a third who I suspected to be  Hazel. She had the same large dark brown eyes and the same complexion.
They were all sitting at a large table with a colourful tablecloth and eating what I imagined must be dinner, considering it was already dark outside.
The kids where all laughing and having fun, the mom playing along with them and laughing as well.
But the dad was a little more serious, and was making sure the kids didn't go out of line.
Hazel dropped her spoon under the table and bent to pick it up.
When she went under it, a few sparks suddenly bursted from her hand.
She shouted out in surprise.
"Mom, my hand is on fire!" Hazel called out frantically.
No one else seemed to notice, but I saw her mom glance over with a worried expression. She must know about Hazel being from Analia and doesn't seem to want Hazel to know, I thought.
"As if!" Deborah called out acussingly.
"No, it really was!" Hazel protested.
"Well, what exactly happened?" Hazels dad asked, a bit exasperated.
"I crouched down under the table, and pulled my hand out quickly to grab my spoon, and there where sparks." Hazel said solemnly.
"Maybe you just thought you saw it like that because of the way the light was aiming at it. You would feel the burn if it really was on fire." Hazels mom suggested.
"But I'm sure it was fire!" Hazel countered.
Hazels father shook his shaven head. "You kids have to much imagination that is just not good for you."  

The memories faded into a huge fast- paced collage of Hazel growing up with her powers. 
The first memory fast forwarded a couple years to her testing her powers in her room. There was another when she hided them at the park, successfully.
As the years went on, she became increasingly more skilled with her powers, although she still wasn't compatible to an Analian who underwent training.
Finally the memories stopped, and the sound of the bell woke me up, as Hazel stirred curled up beside the tree trunk.
"Do you believe me now?" Hazel asked.
How was it possible that she know what I was- oh, right, she is also an Analian. "I'm so sorry, Hazel. It was a procedure that I have to follow in order to make sure your not one of King Lyonx's followers."I  confessed.
"Who's that?"
I then proceeded to tell Hazel all about Analia. She had a hard time believing she was one of them, but there was just no other possibility.
It was definitely not the usual lunch break.