Part 21

He drank the milk making faces. Soon they both retired to bed as it was late.

NEXT DAY AFTERNOON

Manik had gone to office while atul went to cabir's house to help him get ready for the engagement.
The decorators had came and started decorating the hall. Mukti and aliya were in the room taking the clothes out for the engagement. Nyeonika and anjalu were in the kitchen preparing ladoos. Nandini was in the hall putting the flowers on the pillars. She was instructing the decorators and helping them.

N: (pointing at the staircase) bhaiya wahan achay se phool lagwaye! Thoda left, nai thoda right, thoda sa aur right! Haan abh theek hai!

She walked towards the entrance and saw their maid watering the plants.

N: arre kaaki inn paudon (plants) ko chodiye aur jaakr dhekye ke anjali di aur maa ne ladoo bana liye hain ke nahi!
Kaaki: haan Nandini beta main dhekti hu.

Kaaki went from there and Nandini started putting candles on the candle stand which was decorated with beautiful flowers. She went towards the stand where a thaal was placed on it.

The thaal was filled with water and had candles placed on flowers. She put some more in that thaal as there was some space left.

She went back to the staircase and saw the workers putting flowers on the sides.

N: arre bhaiya maine apko kaha na yeh orchids yaha nahi lagane! Yaha pe sirf pink aur white lillies lagane hai!
Worker: sorry maam sab! Galti hogayi!
N: haad hai kitni baar batana padta hai!

She lighted the diya candles and put them on each stair on the stair case corner.

She was going to the kitchen when she bumped into manik. She was going to fall but he held her hands and pulled her closer. By pulling her closer their heads bumped into eachother. Both held their heads.

N: ouch!
M: ouch!
N: aap itni jaldi ghar agaye?
M: haan woh meeting jaldi khatam hogayi aur waise bhi engagement ke bhi to kaam hai!!
N: aap chanhe karr lijye!

He nodded ans was about go when his gaze fell on nandini's hand. He look at her hand, she didnt put mehndi on and frowned.

M: tumne mehndi nahi lagwayi?
N: nahi raat ko late hogaya tha!
M: chalo phir abhi lagwao
N: lekin-
M: lekin wekin kuch nahi! Aliya parlour jarahi hai to tum waha se lagva lena!!

Without giving her a single chance to answer back he left to his room to change his closed. Nandini sighed and went to the kitchen to see Nyeonika and anjali making ladoos.

Ny: arre Nyeonika beta aa na! Yeh ladoo kha ke bata kaise bane hain?

Nandini ate the ladoo and closed her eyes to savour the taste. They were indeed the best ladoos she ever ate.
N: wow maa! Yeh bohot maze ke hai!
Ny: Nyeonika aunty ke haato ka kamaal hai saara nandu!
Nandini hugged Nyeonika sideways while she kissed her cheek.

N: acha maa main mukti aur aliya se parlour jarahi hu!
Ny: haan beta lekin tu to ghar pe tiyaar hone wali thi na?
N: jee maa lekin woh manik ne mujhe kaha hai ke main jao aur jaake mehndi lagvaon.
Ny: (mind) iska matlab manik ke dill mein kuch to hai Nandini keliye! Kahin na kahin to pyaar hai! Bas baghwan aap meri pagal bete ko yeh baat jaldi realize kara dijiye.

Nandini was about to go in Aliya's room when she saw manik in the study, shouting at a servant. She went in the study and saw manik boiling with anger. She got scared because it had been days manik didn't get angry.

M: maine tumhe kaha tha na ke mere office ki files ko haath na lagaya karo!!!
Servant: sahib study ki safai Nandini mam ne ki thi!
N: tum jao yaha se!

When manik came to know that nandini cleaned his study, his anger vanished in a few seconds. He didnt know why, but he didnt feel like screaming at her or getting angry at her. He saw Nandini move quietly towards a drawer and took out his file and gave it to him. She was about to go outside when she felt her hand in a strong grip. She turned her head and saw manik holding her hand. She looked at manik confusingly while he slowly pulled her towards him. Nandini now was facing him while her small wrist was still in his strong grip.She got scared thinking he will scold her.

M: tumne kyu safai ki study ki!
N: (closing her eyes tightly) mujhe aapke kaam karna acha lagta hai.

Manik admired nandini and thought how cute she looked with this scared expression.
He slid his hand behind her waist making her shock and pulled her closer. Nandini was now 2 inches away from manik. Her hands were on his well built chest while he was lost in her eyes. Nandini was getting nervous under his continuous gaze.

M: biwi ho tum meri! Iss ghar ki naukrani nahi!
N: lekin muje aapke k-kaam karna a-acha lagta hai!

Her hair were tied in lose bun and her bangs were falling on her forehead. He slowly pushed the bangs around her ears. His grip got tight nandini's waist while her breath hitched. He slowly brought her closer and bend his face towards her. He held her face in his palms. Nandini closed her eyes and held manik's shirt tightly. Their lips were 3 cm apart when they heard a knock
on the door. Manik quickly separated and nandini rushed to go open the door.

She opened the door to see mukti standing with a frown.

N: kya hoa mukti?
Mu: bhabhi aap yaha study mein kya kari ho?
N: woh...mukti......
M: mukti woh meri file dhoond rahi thi!!! Meri ekk urgent meeting aagayi hai 3 hours mein aajaon ga!

Manik left saying this and Nandini left with mukti to aliya's room. They went and saw the beautician was already here.

N: arre hum kogo ne parlour nahi jana tha kya?
A: bhabhi woh parlour mein bohot rush tha isiliye humne beautician ko ghar bula liya!

The beautician told aliya to go change into her saree cuz if they make her hair first then it will be hard to change. Aliya changed into her orange saree and came and sat infront of the mirror. The beautician started to do her hair. In the mean while mukti and Nandini changed into their sarees. Mukti wore a beautiful blue chiffon saree. Nandini wore a beautiful red net saree.

She was feeling a bit uncomfortable because the saree had a deep neck and back. Moreover her bare belly was visible because of the net pallu.

She was standing in front of the bathroom mirror with a big from when mukti came with curler in her hand.
Mu: kya hoa bhabhi? Saree sahi fit nahi aayi kya?
N: nahi...woh baat nahi hai bas yeh blouse thoda chota hai.
Mu: (putting her hands on her shoulders) oh ho bhabhi! Itni achi to lagg rahi hain aap! Aur waise bhi jab bhai aapko dheke gai na to latoo ho jayenge aapke ooper.

Nandini blushed crimson red and remembered the moment she and manik shared a while ago in the study.
The beautician was done with aliya's hair and makeup and now she was putting mehndi on nandini's hands.

Beautician: aapke haath mein kiska naam likhna hai!
N: (blushing) manik!!!
Mukti and aliya hooted while the beautician smiled.

PLEASE READ

Hello everyone I just wanna say that I don't mind when you guys tell me that I made a mistake but I hate it when some of you telling me to make it "CLEAR" what kinda story is this, listen I'm a human just like you I can make mistake too just like you OK and if you don't who this story is about then read the name and yeaa I do use some parts from DMG as an idea as it go with my story soo I don't find anything wrong with that.... I'm sorry if I'm hurting anyone's feeling but guys think about it I have feelings too and I'm writing it for you all soo that y'all can enjoy and have fun but I can't write it my hurting my feelings.....