Part23

She then came out of her thoughts and looked at nandini who gestured towards cabir. Aliya forwarded her hand and cabir slipped the ring in her finger. She then slipped the ring in his hands with shaky hands. Everyone clapped and dinner was announced.

AT NIGHT 

Nandini was putting clothes in her cupboard. Manik was sitting on the bed working on his laptop, resting his back on the headboard. His gaze fell on nandini and he got lost in her.
Her hair were falling on one side, revealing the other side of her neck. She was bent towards the cupboard so her bare waist showed more. Manik was lost in her but came back to earth when his phone rang. He saw cabir's name flashing.

M: haan cabir bol!
C: yaar tujhe yaad haina ke humein canada jaana tha 3 week baad!
M: haan to?
C: woh canada wali meeting ki date peeche aagyi hai to abh humein kal
subha hi nikalna hoga!
M: acha theek hai! Lekin kitne baje!! C: subha 9 baje!
M: Ok!

Manik cut the call and glance over at Nandini  who was still fixing the wardrobe. He closed his laptop and sighed.

M: Nandini?
N: jee?
M: mujhe kal subha canada jaana hai! Business trip! Mere kapde pack kardogi!!!

Nandini's hands stopped working. She froze where she was. This was not the first time he was gonna leave her after marriage but this was the first time he was gonna leave her after their friendship. She didnt know his feelings but she loved him a lot. Maybe he just considered her as a friend but she considered him as her life. Her life depended on him.

M: Nandini? 
He brought her out of her thoughts and she took a small suitcase out. And came and put it on the bed. 

N: aapke konse kapde rakho?
M: kuch formals aur kuch nightsuits.

Manik noticed nandini wasnt looking at him and her expressions changed from before. He got up from the bed and held her hand making her stop working. He turned her around saw she was still not looking at him. He put a finger under her chin and made her look up at him. He saw tears glistening in her eyes. He cupped her small fave in his hands.

M: nandi- Nandini  kya hoa? 

She tried her best to smile but tears dropped from her big emerald green eyes. Manik wiped her tears and she hugged him tightly making him startled. He hugged her back and
rubbing her back to calm her down.

M: nandini kya hoa tum ro kyu rahi ho?
N: matt jaye please!!
M: Nandini sirf 2 week ki hi to baat hai!
N: phir bhi!! 
He came out of the hug and held her by the arms and brought her closer.

M: dheko Nandini ! Jaana to hoga! Main pakka 2 week mein aaj jaonga! Aur agar kaam jaldi khatam hogaya to main try karunga jaaldi aane ki!!

He kissed her forehead and his lips lingered there. She got surprised by this sudden act of him because he never kissed her before. She was feeling very nervous right now. It was the first time manik kissed her on the forehead.

M: waise tum jitne bholi dhekti ho utni ho nahi!
N: jee? Kya matlab?
M: AJ ne mujhe bataya tha ke tum college bunk karke chaat khane jaati thi aapni dosto ke saath.

Nandini's eyes widened with shock. Why the hell did atul have to tell him this. Oh god what will manik think of her now. She did bunk classes but she didnt want secret to leak out.

N: jeeju ki to main khabar lelongi lekin a-aisa k-kuch nahi hai! Main college bunk nahi karti thi!!
M: (laughing) tumein to sahi se jhoot bolna bhi nahi aata!!
Ri: (whining) manikkkkk!!!

Before manik could say anything, there was a knock on the door. Nandini went and opened the door to see mukti standing. 

N: mukti tum?
Mu: bhabhi! Mujhe help chaiye!!
N: iss time ?
Mu: haan plzzz!! Yaad hai aapne mujhe romeo juliet ke ooper essay likhne mein madat ki thi?
Mujhe uspe bohot aache marks mile thay!!! Isiliye mujhe uspe ekk script liknhe hai! Aur aapko to sab pata haina, unki pyaar ki kahani, you know?
N: haan chalo lekin itni raat ko! I mean sagai ke baad tum thaki nahi? Mu: thaki hu! Lekin subha hi dena hai! Aur aliya di ki sagai ke chakar mein aapna assignment hi bhool gayi!!!
N: ok chaalo main tumhari help kardeti hu!! 
Mu: (waving to manik) goodnight bhai!!
M: goodnight muku!!