4.

Sahara

It was a cold day in Atlanta as I walked to my dads grave sight from my car

It was a cold day in Atlanta as I walked to my dads grave sight from my car. I squatted down in front of my dads tombstone and set the flowers down in front of it. "I miss you a lot daddy and I wish you were here," I started. I always came here to free my mind or just talk to him whenever no one else was there to listen. Ever since he died my relationship with my mom was pretty strained. It was as if she resented me or something.

"My store is opening soon and you know that was something that I always talked about. I've been getting out more too and I know you'd be happy about that daddy," I felt my lip starting to tremble. "I wish t-t-that you were here," a tear escaped my eye. I started talking about everything that transpired over the last couple of months. I was talking to him as if he were actually here. "I wish you could see how much I've grown over the past couple of years and how much Sydney has too. He kinda reminds me of you a little," I laughed a little to myself.

"He protects me like you did and he is always there for me just like you were. Maybe if you were here Mama would learn to love me again," I cried. "Ever since you left it hasn't been the same," I shook my head. "I know I look like you and I remind her so much of you, but it doesn't give her an excuse to treat me the way that she does. I just don't know how much of it that I can take," I cried silently.

All I ever wanted since my father died was for my mother to love me again. She didn't do anything, but criticize me and it was as if she hated me. We couldn't be around each other without getting into a heated argument, but we don't even come around each other anymore because she broke the last straw four months ago when she blamed me for my father's death. Like how could you say that to your own blood?

"I hope it all gets better daddy," I sighed before wiping my tears. "I love you," I kissed two of my fingers before placing them on his tombstone. This was what I needed after a hard couple of months. There was just a lot going on with me and I needed someone to vent to. 

As I was walking I bumped into a hard figure and I was knocked to the ground. "You must be stalking me or some shit?" I recognized King's voice and shook my head before wiping my face. He helped me up and I looked at his face and noticed he'd been crying too.

"Why are you here?" My voice was a little hoarse. "Just to pay respects to my pops, it's been a while since I talked to him. What about you?" He asked stuffing his hands into his pockets. This was the first time we hadn't had a little argument. "I came to do the same," I replied wiping my face.

"Aw when he pass?" He asked. "Three years ago, what about yours?" I asked looking away. "If you gone talk to me, you can at least look at me," he said in a harsh tone but I still didn't move my face. He put his fingers underneath my chin and turned my face towards him. "Four years ago," He finally answered my question.

He looked kinda upset and I don't know what came over me to say what came out of my mouth next. "You wanna talk about it?" I asked him and he looked at me funny. "Why would I talk to you about my problems?" He snapped. "Look I could tell you were upset and I was tryna be nice. You don't have to snap at everyone that tries to be nice to you, but of course you wouldn't know that," I told him.