10.

Sahara

"Are you okay?" I asked Tiana

"Are you okay?" I asked Tiana. We came to the doctors office today because we wanted to confirm that she was pregnant.

"Yeah I'm just nervous girl. I didn't expect to get pregnant this early," she sighed.

"I wanted to do a lot of things with my life first and get married before I had a baby," she fiddled with her fingers.

"I understand Ti, but don't look at the negative. Just look at it as a blessing," I hugged her from the side.

"Thanks girl," she smiled. "Mhm no problem," I took a break from work today to come here with her. I could tell that she was really terrified about being a mom.

It made me think of my own pregnancy that I aborted. It wasn't something that I really talked about because I was afraid of being judged. At the time though, I think it was the best decision for me. I didn't want to bring a child into this world when Jordan and I were in such a messed up situation. Also, I was only 20 at the time doing an internship while getting ready for my senior year of college, I just wasn't ready.

"Tiana Jones" they called her name and we stood up.

The medical assistant asked her a couple of questions and conducted the pregnancy test before telling us that the doctor would be with us shortly. It was kind of exciting to be an aunt for the first time. The way Sydney used be with girls left and right I was pretty sure that I would have a niece or nephew by now, but at least his first baby was with Tiana and not some random girl.

"Good morning ladies," the doctor finally came in after 15 minutes.

"Good morning," we both smiled.

"Sooo Miss Jones you are pregnant. 6 weeks to be exact," Tiana didn't really have much of a reaction. She just sighed while I sat there with a big ass smile on my face.

"I'm gonna be an auntie," I squealed while she looked at me with a mean mug.

"My bad," I apologized and toned down a little bit. I'll just keep my happiness on the inside. Hopefully she comes around soon.

The doctor had Tiana lay down, so that she could conduct an ultrasound. "There's the baby," she told Tiana.

"I think it's a girl," I butted in. "Ooo I can see it now. My little niece is gonna be killing them girls in preschool wearing Auntie Sah's designs.-"

"Who's the one pregnant here Sahara? Me or you?" Tiana cut me off.

"Whatever. Rain on my parade then," I rolled my eyes and sat in my chair.

A girl can't be excited for her best friend anymore? The doctor finished up with Tiana and printed out pictures of the ultrasound. She also gave her a prescription for her prenatal vitamins. After the doctors office, we went to a restaurant downtown for food.