21.

Sahara
That Morning
Atlanta, GA
10:20am

"Babe, wake up," I heard Dave whisper  in my ear

"Babe, wake up," I heard Dave whisper in my ear.

"I'm up. I'm up," I mumbled.

"Come on. I made you breakfast," He kissed my cheek and started to shake me a little.

"Okay I'm up," I sat up in the bed and ran my hands down my face.

"Good morning," he smiled at me.

"Morning Dave," I puckered my lips and he gave me a kiss.

"You seem really tired," he told me and I nodded.

"Yeah I am," I got out of the bed and started to make my way to the bathroom with him right behind me.

"Sorry about what happened to your friend. You hear any updates?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Hand me my phone so I can see if anyone has texted me with updates," I told him before turning the water on to brush my teeth.

I put some toothpaste on the toothbrush and started brushing then I brushed my tongue and lastly used some mouthwash. I picked up my facial cleanser and started to do my little skincare routine before taking a facial towel to pat my face dry. I noticed Dave was taking a little too long with my phone, so once I finished I walked into my bedroom. He was sitting on the bed with a not so happy look on his face as he scrolled through my phone.

"Problem?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Who is Dreux and what does he mean by thanks for last night?" He asked me.

"I was worried about Raheem, so I went to the hospital," I went towards my phone, but he pulled it back so I couldn't get to it.

"Come on. You're not being funny," I told him seriously.

"We tell each other everything right?" He asked me and I nodded.

"So why wouldn't you tell me you went to the hospital last night? Why did you feel the need to sneak out if you weren't hiding anything from me?" He asked me and I honestly didn't know what to say.

"I don't know Dave, but I'm sorry. I was just trying to be there for a friend who needed my help. I was worried about Raheem myself," I explained.

"Well according to these old messages, y'all were more than just friends," he said.

"It didn't develop into a relationship," I tried to lighten the situation.