31.

Sorry for all of the fillers. I promise the next chapter will be a full chapter. Working on Old Flame as well.

King
June 19, 2020
Bali, Indonesia
10:30am

"I could just lay here all day," Sahara smiled up at me as we laid in the hammock

"You're smiling," I looked down at her.

"What?" She looked at me confused.

"You're smiling. I ain't seen you smile in a minute," I told her and she smiled even more.

"I guess I just feel more at ease. I really needed this babe. Thanks again for booking this," she told me and I nodded.

"Yeah it ain't a thing," I said.

We just sat there and enjoyed the scenery of the jungle around us. For this trip to be so last minute, it was actually going pretty well. I booked this jungle resort for us for the entire week and it was very serine. It's just what Sahara needed and I could tell that she was finally relaxing.

When we first got here she was still in that same depressive state that she was in, but then she started coming around eventually. These past couple days have not only taught me a lot about her, but about mental health in general. A person can be fine one minute and then lose it the next. She was just holding it all in until she couldn't anymore. She still hasn't told me what happened when she was younger, but I wasn't going to push her to tell me. If she wanted me to know then she would tell me. Hopefully therapy helps her open up more.

We've been out here for three days and we've been doing one fun activity a day and going out to eat at different restaurants. Today we planned on going to an elephant safari park and we were gonna skip a restaurant tonight and just order room service.

I needed this trip myself if I was being honest. Building a business on your own is tough. It was making me wish that I finished school because I felt like it would've been a little easier if I had the background knowledge, but I'd figure everything out slowly but surely.

I looked down at Sahara who was busy looking at the scenery around us. She looked more at peace than she was a couple of days ago. What she was going through was new for me because I've never had a girlfriend who struggled like this before. Nor, have I ever had to refer someone to therapy or deal with a person who's harmed themself.

I think the reality just settled in for me that there are people in the world that struggle like Sahara, but feel like they have no one to turn to. I just hope she knows that she's not alone and that I'm here for her. I love her and I want is for her to be okay.