25.

Sahara
April 6, 2020
Atlanta, GA
11:15am

"Hey Sahara someone is here for you," one of my employees told me and I nodded my head

"Hey Sahara someone is here for you," one of my employees told me and I nodded my head. I got up from my desk and straightened out my outfit before walking out to the front.

When I walked out, I saw Dave standing there with his hands in his pockets. I haven't seen him since our anniversary dinner two days ago. I was taking Sydney's advice and giving him the space that he needed.

"Hey Dave," I walked up to him and he grabbed both of my hands.

"Hey baby. You look good" He looked down at me observed my outfit.

I wasn't wearing anything spectacular today. I wore a basic white crop top with my mom jeans. I paired it with my cream and white Jordan 1's and gold accessories. I didn't feel like dressing up today.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"You free to talk?" He asked me and I nodded.

I took turned around and led him to the back where my office was. Once we got inside, I closed the door behind us. I sat on the edge of my desk while he stood in front of me.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the way that I reacted the other night. I shouldn't have been mad at you or anything because you were just being honest with yourself baby. I'd rather you keep it real with me than lie in my face. I guess it just kind of hurt because I thought you were feeling the same. It doesn't change how I feel about you thought Sahara. I still love you," he said and I felt so bad because my mind was somewhere else.

"Well it means a lot that you came here and apologized to me. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, but like you said I was just being honest with myself. I just want to be sure that I truly love you before I say it," I explained to him and he nodded. There were other reasons, but he didn't need to know that. My mind has just been everywhere lately.

"Yeah I get it, but I want you to know that I'm not here to hurt you Sahara," he came closer and stood in between my legs then wrapped his arms around my waist. I did the same with his neck and we looked into each other's eyes.

The door flew open and we both jumped. We looked over and saw Tiana and Jahlisa. We shared a laugh before they waltz right in like they owned the place. 

"I ain't mean to break up your happy moment, but I'm here to see my friend," Jahlisa took a seat in one of my chairs.

"Y'all are good. I was just leaving anyways," Dave said.