Chapter 7

We were in the Pit. The girls and I. And we were having a great time but I could not stop thinking about Four, Tris and Jeanine. Something was definitely up. Tris must've been planning something. But just what that was I didn't know.

I had to talk to Four first. Find out whether he was going to go for the position or not. Then I would find Tris and have a word with her. You know, try to figure out what was going on. 

"Eliza! Eliza!" Matisse urged. 

"Huh, what?" I questioned, completely forgetting that I had company. 

"Did you not just hear what Amy said?" Matisse questioned.

"No sorry. I've got a few things on my mind" I admitted. 

"Don't worry darl. We understand. I guess it would be hard being the girlfriend of Eric" Amy declared with care. 

"No, no. It's not that. Being with Eric is great, it's just stuff to do with leadership... But don't worry, I'll be fine. Go on with what you were saying Amz" I responded with a big smile. 

"Ok well..." Amy started nervously. "I broke up with Ace".

"Finally!" I said exasperatedly.

Matisse laughed. "That's exactly what I said". 

"I'm sorry as well, because you really liked him but you totally deserve someone better" I framed. 

"Someone like Ian" Matisse chirped cheekily. 

"No, no, no" Amy blushed. "No more boyfriends for now". 

"Fine fine, but you two are the cutest" Matisse replied with a huge grin. 

"She's right Amz. And he really, really likes you... Like a lot" I voiced. 

Before we could say anything else Four walked past, eyeing us very strangely. 

"Hold on a second. I have to talk to Four" I said to the girls as I stood up and caught up with him. 

"Four, four!" I panted as I ran after him. 

"What is it?" he said as he turned around to face me. 

"I want to know whether you are interested in the position of Dauntless leader, or not?" I questioned.

"I'm guessing Eric sent you to inquire?" Four guessed. 

"No. I am inquiring myself" I responded with independence. 

"Fine. If you must know... I am not interested in it at all" Four confessed. 

"So that's it. Your simply not interested?" I pondered.

"Yep" Four confirmed.

I tried to hide my excitement. Eric was going to be so happy. And this made me happy. 

"Ok... Well you better go and tell Max" I alerted. 

"That's exactly what I was on my way to do. So if you don't mind, I'm going to go see Max" Four stated with no emotion. As if he was upset with himself for not wanting the job. And with that, he simply barged away, without saying goodbye. 

Whoa. Something must be up with him. 

After talking to Four, I went and joined the girls again, who were now surrounded by Eric's friends. Jack, Ian, Beast, Gunner, Freddy and Zane. 

"Hey guys" I greeted the boys cheerfully as I entered the circle and joined Amy and Matisse. "I'm not sure about you guys but I'm very tired, so I'm going to head over to the dorm. Want to join me?" I said to the girls.