Chapter 9

I awoke the next day feeling very nervous. 

It was my first day of work. I had gotten a job, a few weeks ago, at one of the clothing shops. But they told me I could only start working 'in a few weeks'. Which wasn't a bad thing at all. But now that time was up. 

I changed into black jeans, a black crop top and boots. Along with my sleeveless Dauntless jacket. The get-up seemed to be what many other female workers wore in the job. 

Once I put some make-up on I was out of the door around seven. They wanted me there early, around seven fifteen. The shop didn't open until nine but they wanted me to learn the process of setting up. 

When I got down there I was greeted by a lady with sleek black hair and quite dark skin. She was practically wearing the same clothes as me. Which made me feel relieved. She also had dozens of piercings everywhere. About five in each ear, one on her belly button, a few around her eyebrows, like Eric, one on her lip and two on her nose. I wouldn't have been surprised if she had another few in her mouth, on her tongue. 

"Hi, my name is Coco, I run the shop. I'm guessing you're Eliza?" she spoke as she shook my hand formally. 

"Yep, that's me. I love your piercings by the way" I commented, trying to be nice. 

"Wow, thanks. Some people say I have way too many" she replied warmly. 

I just smiled back at her. 

"Well come along. There's a lot of things to show you" she continued as she walked me into the shop. 

There were only two other people there. Both were guys. 

"This here, is Harrison and Spencer" she said as she pointed to the two men. "Boys, this here is Eliza. She's going to be a new member of the team, so make her feel welcome". 

They both greeted me really kindly. I couldn't help but think to myself how amazing this was. I never expected them to be so nice. But maybe this was just for show and once I had worked with them for a few days they would become ruder. 

"Harrison and Spencer only work the morning shifts. We have other people that will be coming in for other parts of the day. But so far from what I can see, you will mostly be working in the morning, till' late afternoon" Coco explained. 

"Ok cool. Sounds great to me" I said back. 

"Now, for today I will run you through everything, but on other days if you need help just ask someone else in the shop. Like Harrison or Spencer" Coco continued to explain enthusiastically. 

That day I worked in the back of the shop. Just sorting out clothes and all that. It was nothing too much. In fact, I kind of wished I could've worked out in the actual shop. But oh well. The more I worked and the better I became, would give me a chance of that. 

Jem actually came into the back of the shop as well to sign in around eleven. I was surprised at first but then I remembered she had actually gotten a job here as well. She had been working here for weeks now. But that was only because she got in early when looking for a job. We didn't get to talk much, sadly, because she worked on the counter. 

After work, on my way to Eric's office, I walked past the piercings and tattoo shop. I really wanted a belly button piercing. Not just because of the fact that Coco had one but because I had wanted one for a while now. 

I decided to go in and check the prices.

"Hi, um.. I was just wondering how many points it would cost to get a belly button piercing?" I questioned as I stared up at a billboard of options and costs.