Chapter 25

Eric and I were now in the Hall. I expected to see many people but hardly anyone was around. 

We sat at a table, just us two. I sat opposite him, just like in the convening room. 

I watched him chugging his beer and taking large bites from his sandwich, not very fond of my own food. 

Maybe you should end it with him before things get too dangerous... 

But maybe he will be on your side... Whether he finds out about you or not. 

But I think I might love him. And what if he loves me... I can't leave him. 

But what if he leaves me. He will surely find out about my divergence and either kill me or leave me.

I decide to ask him a rather important question. One that will show whether he cares or not. 

"Hey Eric" I begin, feeling nervous for some reason. 

He looks up, wiping away crumbs from the corners of his mouth. 

"Will you side with me, no matter what?" I asked, hoping the answer would be positive. Because then that would drown my worries in the possibility that he may spare me. 

I think he almost choked on his mouthful. "What kind of question is that?!" he responded, making me a little confused as to where he was going to go with this. "Of course I will side with you! You're my girl, so I plan on taking your side no matter what", he finished with a charming smile. 

For the rest of the day Eric and I parted ways. He said he was going to take a nap in his apartment and asked me to join him but I declined. I had plans to meet up with Jem and go shopping. I didn't see him at all after shopping and I couldn't be bothered going all the way to his apartment. So I ended up sleeping in the dorm. 

The next day, I woke up at eight, for the meeting was a nine. I washed my face and put my hair up in a messy bun. Then I threw on a black singlet, black jeans and my Dauntless long-sleeved jacket, along with a black pair of wedged heels. Lastly, I coated my eyelashes with mascara. I never left the dorm or Eric's apartment without it on. 

I decided to leave the dorm at eight thirty and meet Eric at his apartment, for I was almost ninety percent sure he wouldn't of been awake yet. So... someone would need to wake him. 

Just as I had predicted; he was still asleep. He was only wearing boxers and was lying on his belly. One arm splayed out above his head on the pillow and the other, hanging off of the bed, with his head facing to one side. He was snoring quite loudly, mouth hanging open. But still, I found him adorable. I couldn't help but smile and think about how great it was that I had him to myself. But then yet again, that one thought popped into my head. The thought that constantly told me, 'What if he finds out you are divergent and leaves you...'. 

I shook my head, ridding my mind of the horrible thought. 

Then I called out his name, attempting to wake him up. He was surprisingly a light sleeper. You didn't even have to make a noise sometimes and he would still wake up. So just as I raised my voice, saying his name, he woke up. 

He pushed himself up with his muscly arms and then went into a push up position. He tended to do this. To show off? I had no idea. But then he flopped onto his back, rolling onto the other side of the bed. He groaned and wiped the sleep away from his eyes.