Chapter 22

It was about 'day seven', since Jem, Amy, Matisse and I were back to living our usual Dauntless lives. No drugs, no Candor people and no harm. 

Our small group of initiates had also seemed to have become much larger. With new additions such as; Eric and his group of friends and the boyfriends and girlfriends of everyone. Of course, we didn't spend a lot of time in that full group but we had all become much closer. Even Eric had seemed to loosen up around a few of my close friends. I also have to admit this group seemed to be very popular around the Dauntless compound. Probably because of Eric. I mean it's not everyday you have a leader of a faction spend a fair amount of time with you. 

In terms of our injuries; Matisse's bruising was still evident but she could talk properly, Jem's face was all better, but she had a scar on her lip, Amy's stomach no longer hurt but there were still small bits of bruising left and as for me... My arm had almost fully healed, and here and there I needed to do a few specific arm workouts to gain back strength. In terms of Elise and Liv... We had no idea as to how they were going. 

"Eliza, Eric wants to see you in his office" Zachariah alerted. He was one of the four Dauntless leaders, along with Eric, Ashley and Titus. 

I turned around to fetch my belongings, a drink bottle and a spare pair of runners. 

I was in the Training Arena, working out with Peter, Molly, Drew, Em, Jem and Kaden. We had been in there for about three hours now, going for jogs, testing our fighting abilities and casually chatting. 

"See ya guys!" I cheerfully hollered, as I lightly jogged away. Heading for Eric's office. 

What's a bet that he probably just wants to check up on me. For like the sixth time! I thought to myself. Lately, Eric had been overly protective and cautious, and not just with me but also with Jem, Matisse and Amy. For a while now he had been calling me to his office to make sure I was okay. Which is cute I guess, but... Not when it happens everyday! He needs to understand that I am all better now and I am safe. 

"I'm here" I said in a sarcastic, yet, happy tone, as I opened the door to his office and ambled in. 

He looked up from his desk. Then, I noticed him slyly grab some sort of sheet of paper and hide it away in his desk, not wanting me to see whatever it was. 

"So what are you hiding from me now?" I interrogated. 

He just stared at me with a face that said 'are you finished yet?'. I had been questioning him a lot lately and he had not been giving me answers. Instead he had been getting angry, telling me, in a fluster, that I would find out soon. 

"Ok fine" I replied to his facial expression, slumping down in the chair opposite his desk. 

He didn't talk for a little. Just stared at his desk. 

"If your going to ask me whether I'm ok or not, I can save you the energy of asking and just give you an answer right now if you like" I commented sarcastically, staring at him, eyebrows raised. 

He dismissed what I said. "Eliza. I have made a big decision, for the both of us" he announced. 

This took me by surprise. Was he ready to tell me what had him so suss, stressed and aggravated?

I looked at him, waiting for an answer. 

He sat forward on his chair, leaning against his desk with his forearms, looking me deep in the eyes. He looked excited in a way. But at the same time fretful.