Chapter 32

"I need favour" I said to Liv and Elise as they approached me whilst I leant on the outside of the Dauntless truck.

"Yep thats cool but tell us later, the Factionless are creating a fucking army, so I won't be going back out there", Liv responded, storming towards the trucks door.

"Yeah, that and I am not gonna live another second as a factionless person" Elise joined in.

Before they could secure themselves in the truck I locked it. "Guys, just this once you have to come with me. I've got a team already out there, well equipped. We are going to meet with them to check things out".

I had eventually coaxed them into joining me. Liv put up more of a fight but she was eventually convinced when I told her Jamie was apart of the Dauntless team already out there, spying on the Factionless (if you don't remember Jamie, Liv and him are basically in love). 

As we headed off I contacted Eric. "What is it Lize? I'm a little busy" he answered. 

"I'm not sure how to tell you this but..." I paused. I already knew how angrily Eric would react so I thought of ways to lessen the blow. But, I mean, there were none, so I continued. "I received intel from Jem and the rest of the group you sent out. The Factionless now have an army and no surprise, it's being run by Four and Tris". 

What I heard next was a string of curse words, Eric yelling in fury at whoever must of been around him. I cut his little meltdown off and said "My plan is to take Elise and Liv and meet Jem, to get a closer look. I promise we won't do anything erratic but I figured, seeing as I am already out here I should have a snoop around". 

"No Eliza I cannot let that happen. You don't know what you will be up against. I don't trust those two" Eric responded. "You will come back immediately". 

"Eric please let me do this. They need a leader out there and I promise I'll come back soon" I replied, pleadingly. 

What followed was that of Eric becoming argumentative as he raised his voice at me. I kept our connection on, however I lowered the ear piece from my actual ear so that I could no longer hear him. The girls and I kept walking, tracking Jem's groups GPS signal so we could find them. 

It had been about twenty minutes since we had started walking. Elise and Liv blended in a lot more than me as they were still dressed in their factionless rags. We were stepping over a lot of rubble and debris, created by the Factionless and it was very quiet. 

"We mustn't be close to their base at all, it's too quiet" Elise said, looking around suspiciously. Liv and I hummed in agreement. However, having grown so accustomed to the silence, my ears perked up at the sound of footsteps scuffling towards us. 

"Hold it right there Dauntless!" I heard a man shout from behind me. Elise, Liv and I stood still, not turning to meet the group that had ambushed us. 

Before anything else was said, we heard a murmuring coming from the group, as if they were arguing about what to do next. 

"Go on" someone forcefully whispered to one of their group members. 

I turned around to face a gun being pointed in my direction. However, it was not this that surprised me but the person who was holding the gun. 

"Ruby!?" the girls and I chorused in shock. 

Her tensed tall and slender figure began to relax as she lowered her gun. Shock written all over her face similar to ours. Her hair was longer than she usually wore it, the wind making it glide across her freckled face. As we stared at each other I couldn't help but giggle. She had been someone back at Amity who never ceased to make me laugh. Her perfectly straight teeth beginning to show as she too laughed with me.