Chapter 29

It's finally here. Thanks for being patient! 

__________________________________________

"How?" he said. 

We had just awoken from our limited hours of sleep. I lay there with my eyes closed, facing him. He knew I was awake though. 

"Huh?" I questioned him, opening my eyes to find his eyes on me, floating from my face to my bare body that lay under the sheets, then back to my face. I raised my eyebrow curiously. "What is it?" I asked again. 

"You're so fucking hot" he mumbled, gazing at me tiredly. 

"I know" I replied, getting all cocky. He chuckled, showing his pearly whites. 

He eventually wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him as we both lay on our sides, facing each other. 

He continued. "You know what?" 

"What?" I answered, grinning. 

"I am the luckiest guy in the world" he almost whispered back. 

I smiled at him sweetly, then grabbed his chin lightly with my hand and kissed him softly, nestling my head back into his chest afterwards. We lay there for a while. He drew shapes and lines with his fingertips on my hip. I simply, shut my eyes and enjoyed the peace. We didn't say a word... 

"It's gonna take some time before I get used to that new piercing of yours" Eric suddenly spoke up, staying still. 

"What do you mean?" I begun, pulling away from him a little bit, so I could see his face. "I thought you loved it?"

"Oh I do but I'm not gonna love it when more and more guys start eyeing you off" he looked down at me, raising his eyebrows as if to say 'you should have made a better decision'. 

I laughed. "Oh my gosh Eric! No guys are eyeing me off. You're just overreacting" I said as I turned around and checked what the time was on the bedside table. It was around ten o'clock in the morning. I rolled back over. 

"Trust me Eliza. I see them looking. And I just... I just wanna" he responded, punching the air fiercely at the end of his sentence, symbolising what he wanted to do to these supposed 'guys' that 'eyed' me off.

I just laughed back. He was truly adorable. Even under all of that, cold, harsh exterior. 

We stayed there, lying still for a while. Eric had his head resting on his hand, propped up on his elbow. It wasn't like that awkward kind of silence. It was the nice kind of silence. Eventually I started putting on my underwear. I also put one of Eric's t-shirts on, to cover myself up. 

"So you're divergent..." Eric exhaled, his voice shaking a little bit, making a gesture with his free hand. "Diverg- No! Let's check again! Maybe it read you wrong" he continued, getting up from bed, quickly slipping on a pair of boxers. He sounded so hopeful, trying to convince himself that maybe the device had read me wrong. He was almost out of the bedroom door when I called out to him... 

"Eric" I loudly sighed. He spun around slowly, knowing what I was about to say. "It didn't read me wrong. I really am divergent". 

He walked back towards the bed and slumped down on it, groaning. I felt bad. I had added a whole new sort of pressure to his life. 

"Eric, I'm sorry" I pleaded. "I really am". 

He sighed again. 

"I hate the fact that I've made your life even harder" I ached. 

He could see I was in pain. He moved over to me on the bed. "Eliza it's ok. I will be able to handle this. I mean... Your my motivation. I will never let anyone find out about you and I will always protect you" he said with strength. He paused. "I love you".