Chapter 16

When you have a science test tomorrow and revision you need to do, yet you choose to write instead. Good job me. 

When I awoke, a short time after, I was in Eric's arms. He was following one of the Candor guys down small corridors, he had Jack pointing a gun at him at the same time. 

Even though I had just come back to reality, my eyes were almost closing again and my head was spinning. 

"W-where are we going?" I asked softly and groggily. 

Eric looked down at me, urgency in his eyes. "Back to Dauntless grounds". 

"Are the girls alright?" I asked slowly, hardly getting my words out.

"No" Eric replied, looking forward, still holding me in his arms. "None of you are alright". 

"Eric, I can walk now, if you want me to..." I suggested, thinking about how it wouldn't be too hard to walk. 

"No, you can't" he said, as if he was distracted. 

And just after he said this a sharp pain ripped through my head. Making me yelp and grab it. What was happening to me? 

I re-awoke in the back of some sort of truck. I was sitting up against a side wall.

I felt some sort of pressure on my hand. I looked down and saw Eric's hand gripping mine tightly. He looked to me as I looked to him and our eyes met. He looked worried yet grateful that I had awoken. But then he looked worried again. 

"Eric, why are we in a truck? And why do you look so worried?" I questioned, acting normal, like nothing had happened. But the truth was, I actually didn't remember a thing. 

"What do you mean Eliza?" he looked at me, frowning. 

I looked back at him, like he was a strange weirdo. 

"Don't you remember anything?" he questioned, as if he had lost me.

"Why? What happened?" I then asked, beginning to feel worried and anxious. 

Eric seemed to be tearing up a little, but I couldn't fully tell. "We were at the celebratory party and you were drugged and..." he couldn't finish his sentence. He swallowed hard. "And you were taken away... But I found you before anything else happened". 

I looked across me, trying to remember something... Anything

I then noticed Liv, Elise, Matisse, Jem and Amy. Jamie, Freddy, Edward, Kaden and Ian sitting next to them. 

"What are they doing here?" I then questioned obliviously.

"They were drugged too" Eric answered, almost in disbelief as to why I couldn't remember a thing. 

I kept frowning. Why couldn't I remember anything?

The truck came to a slow and gentle stop. And after a few more seconds the back door of the truck opened and Eric made his way to the opening, holding his hand out for me to follow. As the both of us jumped out, Eric's hand in mine, the others did as well, holding the girls in their arms. 

I realised we were out the front of Dauntless, making our way inside one of the back entrances. 

But as I walked, I began to feel dizzy. My head felt heavy and I could hear some sort of ringing in my ears. I started to see black shapes in my vision. I slowed to a stop and as I did this Eric stopped and watched me. And as he lunged to help me, I fell. Straight to the ground. I was out, again.