Pancakes

Shivering on the cold metal flooring of the base room that Sonic was currently being held captive in, the blue hedgehog shuddered, wondering where his warm blankets were before he opened his eyes. Rolling onto his back, eyes finally creeping open, Sonic found himself confused as to where he currently was. His eyes stung from trying to sleep with constant artificial light glowing above his head. Lifting his throbbing head, Sonic grimaced in pain, gently trying to soothe his stinging head. Confused as to how the hell he got here, he glanced around for any answers to his question. Coming up empty handed, the blue hedgehog stood in the same position awkwardly. Last thing he remembered was sleeping in his own bed over at his and Tails' abode, however now it seemed he was in a cold abandoned bunker.

Glancing around incredulously, Sonic was baffled. When he randomly spent the night in a cold, unwelcome base, he was usually chained. So noticing his entire body was free of restraints was a strange surprise.

Walking nervously to the open door, he entered the thin corridor that was attached to almost every room in the bunker. Stretching out his arms to release the tension in his appendages from the uncomfortable sleep he had had, His eyes quickly shot open however, as he smelt the faint smell of cooking. Hoping whoever was in here would give him some sustenance, Sonic decided to follow his nose.

Following a slew of random corridors, Sonic came to a closed door on the left side of one of the monotonous corridors. Hearing noises emitting from the room, familiar ones at that, was enough to calm his nerves instantly. Without any hesitation, his mind set simply on food, Sonic reached excitedly for the doorknob and yanked it open.

As soon as the blue blur opened the door, he immediately recognized three figures in the room, two sitting at a small table, and another working at a small stove making pancakes. "Hey guys, I finally decided to join the party!" Flashing his trademark grin at the group, watching as Shadow pulled out an empty seat between him and Knuckles. Sonic, taking that as a notation to sit, he happily obliged and sat between the pair. Realizing no-one had said anything yet, Sonic decided to (hopefully) lighten the mood. "So, why we here? Old egg-face finally conquered the world and we're using this as a base?" Receiving no reply, not even from his twin tailed brother who was working the stove, Sonic awkwardly swallowed his own voice and sat there in silence.

Tails, meanwhile had his back facing the blue hedgehog, and felt bad for giving him the silent treatment, however he honestly wasn't too sure on how to tell the hedgehog what had recently happened. Quickly serving up the eight pancakes he had produced, two for each mobian, he hoped food would at least break the ice. Picking the plates up, he quickly served them out, and sat down himself.

Sonic nodded in appreciation towards his brothers efforts, and tried to concentrate his mind on food, and not the current issue that was that everyone seemed to be avoiding eye contact with him. Cutting his pancake in half with his knife, Sonic had found himself quickly devouring both pancakes however was still hungry. Watching everyone around him eat theirs at a normal pace, made Sonic start to fidget. The dark hedgehog appeared to be eating his slowly. Too slowly for Sonic's liking. Feeling a little bit more comfortable now he had something in his stomach, he plucked up the courage to cast his cutlery Shadow's way to see if there was anything the hedgehog would give him.

Shadow had been staring into space, much like Knuckles had been doing, they had been previously talking about the blue hedgehogs dilemma, however now he was there and in front of them, they weren't too sure how he'd take it. The click clacking of cutlery broke his chain of thought however, as he looked down and noticed a fork that was slowly traveling towards his plate. Growling inwardly at the hedgehog, he simply flicked his hand away and continued eating. Until both hands started to attempt in stealing his pancakes. Having enough of the blue idiot, Shadow smacked the un-gloved hand straight onto the table, and jabbed his own fork into the peach skin.