Lock Down

Staring at the other in disbelief, the lack of communication the hedgehog was showing towards him was making Sonic incredibly angsty and tense. He had been waiting all day for this moment, as cheesy as it sounded, But it was true. The dark hedgehog had an aura of security, and self confidence, something Sonic found himself to be currently craving- what with all the problems and dead ends he was currently facing. The one thing that made Sonic feel utterly deflated was the idea that no-one was behind the problem- he couldn't believe it. Every time something went wrong, someone was always behind it. Whether it was Eggman or some unidentified enemy, there was always someone to thwart at the end of the day.

'Wait for the effects to wear off.' -What was that supposed to mean?! Wait??  Sonic couldn't do that. He was no good at waiting. Smash things, and everything would sort itself out- adventure and excitement was his thing... Not...

'Waiting'

The whole aspect put Sonic on edge and genuinely made him unpleasant to be around. He wanted to sort this out, and sort it out now,  waiting did not bode well with the naturally impatient speedster.

Speaking of waiting, where was Shadow? He was following just a second ago...

Hearing a loud KATHUNKbehind him, caused the blue hedgehog to turn around. It was clear that Shadow had finally shut the metal door behind them. Looking around, expecting the other to also be in the room, Sonic's stomach twisted as he turned to face grey metal, his red and black counterpart nowhere in sight.

"Shadow?" Sonic spoke in a timid voice, suddenly finding his metal surroundings rather cold and unnerving. Even though he had been in here alone once before when Tails and Knuckles took care of him, it felt different... Knowing that Shadow had abandoned him hurt the blue hedgehog. Why? It made no sense... Maybe it was because Shadow knew he would be perfectly safe in here with the Werehog, but still decided to remain outside?? The blue hedgehog had absolutely no idea, his sense of safety and security - gone.

The one thing that he did know, however, was that he suddenly felt like utter shit. Not having Shadow in the cold room made him feel empty inside, alone and nervous.

Quivering slightly as he looked around, Sonic swallowed awkwardly. Half expecting the door to just open again, Sonic looked on at the metal barrier, suddenly feeling highly claustrophobic in the containment breach he was trapped in.

Cursing the dark hedgehog internally, Sonic's body suddenly flared up in anger. He could hear Shadow's metal shoes clunking down the corridor.

"SHADOW!!" Smashing his fists against the door, Sonic's fear turned to rage as he screamed the dark hedgehogs name. He should've known the bastard wasn't going to stay with him, but the black hedgehog was so unpredictable, he could've even left the base by now...

Screaming Shadow's name louder, Sonic's voice started to break as he smashed harder against the door. Couldn't Shadow at least say goodbye? Why did he have to just leave him without an explanation?

Shivering uncontrollably, his fingers flexing against the door, Sonic whimpered loudly. Transforming hurt. It always hurt. But never on any emotional level.

"Shad-o-ow...."

Whimpering loudly, his entire body lowering to the floor as his teeth started to grit violently in pain.

Sonic's breath came heavy as his entire body heaved, his form changing fast.

xxx

Leaning his elbow on the marble counter in the small kitchen, Shadow let out a breathy sigh as he blew the coffee that he was currently holding in his palms. Clutching the warm mug close to him, Shadow stared at the cream door in consideration, knowing full well what was on the other side. The long empty corridor that currently separated the dark hedgehog and the blue werehog caused Shadow to shudder. He hadn't left the bunker, far from it in fact, he just couldn't stand to be around Sonic at this particular moment, meaning he had found himself back in the kitchen - the most coziest part of the bunker.