Never

"And that's basically what happened... so, ugh, any idea of how to fix it?"

Sonic spoke, finally finishing of his long winded conversation with Chip about their recent shenanigans, looking at the other, hope in his green eyes, fully praying the other had a way to change him back to normal... Or to at least give him power over his own body when he was in the form of the Werehog.

Rubbing his chin in bewilderment, the small dog stared down at Sonic. "Umm... Not... Really.."

All three hero's faces dropped instantly in disappointment and bewilderment.

"This would be a lot easier to diagnose if there were any other reports of transforming across the globe, but so far there's none." Chip spoke awkwardly, upset that he had to disappoint his friends, coming up clueless. Last time Chip had checked; not even the dark phoenix had risen, he would've at least woken up naturally if that had happened once more, his instinct to danger kicking in.

Sonic, Knuckles and Tails stared at each other, exchanging faces of woe between them, Sonic's dilemma almost seemingly never ending.

"Right... Well, is there anything I can do to just limit it, slow it down maybe? I mean the hero of Mobius has  to do his job at some point, I can't worry about myself when I have others to save." Sonic spoke with pride, his status among the people of earth clearly resonating with him as he relished in the metaphorical limelight.

His head bobbing slightly, understanding why Sonic was the last person on earth who could really afford something like this to happen to him, Chip looked at him curiously. "Well, I guess I do have a theory, but it's probably a long shot."

"Anything would be good right about now, I don't particularly care what it costs." Sonic commented, hoping the other would just tell him the conclusion he had come to.

"Okay, well umm... It's usually to do with the Chaos Emeralds, however as it's only one person being affected here, I believe it's just natural causes. The emeralds change their energy reflux's all the time, however they're so subtle, we usually don't notice. I just think that Sonic's body has managed to naturally tap into Chaos, and is reacting to it. Sonic's constant use and consumption most likely increases the effects." Chip finished proudly, Tails staring on wonderment, clearly finding out something new about the emeralds with each passing second.

"So... like, when I go super, my chaos consumption goes up, right? Meaning that the more I'm exposed to it, the more my body reacts?" By now, Sonic was confused. It made sense in a way, however it still disturbed Sonic drastically, knowing the more he was exposed, the more he was in danger of losing himself. The bright glowing gem in his hand suddenly didn't look all that appealing. 'Huh... So how come Shadow isn't experiencing any of this- his body runs off of nothing BUT Chaos.'

"So how do we stop this? I'd rather not spend the next two weeks caring for a moody werehog who only responds when his black husband's around." Knuckles said impatiently, getting a hard kick and a pout from the blue hedgehog who was currently narrowing his eyes in annoyance at the red Echidna.

Chip shrugged softly. "Wait for the effects to wear off. They won't last forever, it's just one of the many consequences Chaos manipulation has on the body. You're just adjusting to it. Just let it happen and you should be okay." Cutting his sentence short with a loud yawn, the young Gaia smiled at the three Mobians, a drowsy look on his face. "It was nice to see ya guys again! But uh, if you don't mind, I was asleep ten minutes ago. I wasn't supposed to wake up for another... One hundred years?"

Chuckling gently at the floating Gaia, Sonic smiled and nodded suddenly feeling disheartened, staring down at the green gem. Nightfall was just around the corner, and they had to get going anyway...