VII

Mitch's P.O.V

Scott and I make it back to our house and start editing. I notice he's putting a lot of focus on Cressida.

I think about her a lot. She's all that's been on my minds for a few days, too. How I completely left her and I never even bothered to explain myself. I can honestly understand why she's so adamant about keeping me out of her life. For three entire years I was complete poison in her life and she thinks that I'm still toxic. I messed up so badly and I don't know why I'm still feeling sorry for myself.

Her and Scott are becoming close and that slightly scares me. There's no doubt in my mind that she's told him about what went on all those years ago. He's either denying it himself, or hiding it for her so it's not awkward. Scott was never one to keep secrets from me, though, so it's strange that he's not confronting me.

"Did she tell you..?" I ask Scott cautiously. He lifts his head up a little, "Hmm?"

"Did Cressida tell you about me?" I ask again, loosing confidence in the question. He shook his head slightly.

"Did she say anything about the meet an greet?"

"No, why?" I suddenly sparked his interest.

"Well, we kind of got into it.. I don't know, it's not important, I just I fired she would've told you." I shifted myself in the chair so I was facing the window rather than him. "I shouldn't have even brought it up."

"But you already did, so spill it, Grassi." He turned the chair back around.

"Well," I cleared my throat, "I tried to apologize but it didn't really work and she yelled at me. It's no big deal."

He narrowed his glance slightly. "Did you not expect her to?"

"No, not really. But in hindsight I really should've."

"You made a colossal mistake, Mitch. Don't expect her to come running back to you. I don't know her that well yet, but the way he talks about you is devastating. You can't fix her, so don't expect that chance." He said, returning to the computer. He's being very protective and it's obvious that he likes her, so I decide to mess with him a little bit.

"You're right. She'll probably go to Avi for help. I mean, I have heard her tell Kirstie that she's always had the hots for him. And that Avi was definitely her favorite. Maybe they'll even start dating. They would be so cute together, oh my god." I say. I glance at him and notice his fist clenching.

"I would love to go on a double date with them. They would actually be relationship goals, I mean they're perfect for each other. Both so quiet and calm. Not to mention, Cressida was literally a dragon nerd in middle school. It's all she would ever talk about. He could giver her voice lessons, and they could wear matching outfits all the time. They even have the same hair. I can't understand why she isn't throwing herself at him. It would be everyone's blessing if they were even talking right now. They're literally my otp now. What would their name be? Cravi? Avida?"

He was completely fuming.

"Woah shit, Scotty, do you like her?"

"No, I don't. That would never work. She likes Avi and you were totally right. They're perfect."

My expression drops, "Wait, Scott I-"

"No, I know what you're gonna say, Mitch, and it's fine. You can most definitely be the Best Man at their wedding."

"No, Scott listen-"

"All done!" He exclaimed, "I'm gonna get going, so if you could upload this that would be great. Bye, Mitchy." He smiled.