X

Scotts P.O.V

Watching Cressida walk away was bittersweet. I'm very excited to continue on tour, but at the same time I'm really going to miss having Cressida around. Calls as Skypes will be fun but it won't be the same. I'll definitely miss her a ton.

This is the first real time since we've toured that I'll have something to come back to L.A. to. I mean we are ending the tour in Arlington and I'm very happy I get to see my family again, but L.A. has just been a place. Now there's meaning to it.

I honestly do feel bad for Izzy, too. She was our biggest fan, and her best friend hated us, but she's the one we all adore. Izzys kind of just been there, I don't know. I wish we could do more for Izzy.

I finish packing and go and chill in Mitch's room.

"You really like her, don't you?" He said.

"Yeah, man. I really do and I can't figure out why." I said, looking at him.

"She's just so...." He trailed off.

"Beautiful." We both said simultaneously. I knew Mitch liked her. It's been a given since the first time her name left his mouth. He's always had a thing for her and I feel really bad about liking her, too.

"Are you going to ask her out?" Mitch asked me. I sat come poetry silent for a few seconds before speaking up, "I want to. I won't because I know you like her and i-"

"Do it."

"What?"

"Do it, Scott. She likes you, I can tell. And she hates me, man. I was messing around about Avi the other day. You two would actually be really cute together. You're both super down to Earth and great people. It's a match made in heaven." He smiles.

"But, Mitch.."

"It's okay, Scott. Go for it." He assured me.

I want to, but I'll feel terrible. I don't know..

***

Cressidas P.O.V

For the first time in a long time I actually like someone that's not a complete asshole.

If we're being completely honest, I love Mitch. I always have. That's why when he left I was so angry and just kept all of it here, lingering. I'd never been honest with myself about it, so I just bottled it inside me. But the truth is I did love Mitch and that's why it's so hard to forgive him. It felt like he looked straight into my eyes and ripped my heart out of my chest and crushed it without even hesitating every time I was near him. He destroyed my life but it was a pain I craved. I was eager to sting every time he said my name. It was a high for me.

But, that being a given, I still cared for Scott. But it was the first time I ever came to terms with someone actually enjoying my company. I feel like that's why I'm so infatuated with him. He cares about me and he puts effort into making me happy and I like it.

He's one of my best friends and I'm going to miss him extremely.

I walk to the shop and get to work and work the day away. Customers came and went, but it was different. Not having Scott come in every day would take an intense toll on me. It was usually the best part of the day and now it's gone.

"How ya holding up?" Izzy asked as we closed up the cafe.

I took a deep sigh, "I'm okay. It's weird not having him here, but it's okay. It has to be." I shrugged.

"Call him, Cress." She said, getting into my car.

"It's been less than a day, Izzy. I'll look desperate."

"I'm sure he'll be ecstatic to hear from you."

"He's probably busy with the others, they have a long day ahead of them tomorrow. And for the next three-ish weeks, may I add."

"That doesn't mean he doesn't want to talk to his best friend."

"I'm not his best friend, Mitch is. I'm just a person he met less than a week ago."

Izzy looked at me. "Cressida, don't let him go. I know you're cautious because of what happened with Mitch, but if you care enough about Scott you'll do something. You just sat around and waited for Mitch to make the move when he was obviously waiting for ad gawking over you for years. Don't let it happen with Scott."

"I guess you're right..." I trailed off. We drove in silence back to the apartment and when I got in I went to my room and turned on Netflix on the XBox.

I watched Parks And Recreation until 3 am and I fell asleep with my phone in my hand with an unsent message waiting on it. It read;

I miss you a lot already, Chicago. It's way more different without you than I expected and I don't like it. I also don't like that you'll be meeting tons of other fans that could make you forget about me and it's throwing me off. I care about you a lot, Scooter, and I don't want to let you go like I did with Mitch. I love you, like actually love you. I know it's only been like 5 days but I do and Im okay with that. I want to wake up to cute 'good morning, beautiful' texts and go to sleep on skype with you, listening to you recite White Rose to me. I want to love you like you deserve and I hope you want the same,,, I guess hat I'm trying to say is.. Will you go out with me?