XXIX

"Hello, L.A," Mitch smiled as we rode back to the apartment in the uber.

"I'm excited to be back, but I'm not excited to see Izzy," I groaned, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Yikes, I forgot about that," Scott said.

"Just be straightforward. Be like, 'Hey, Izzy. Leave my boyfriend alone?'" Kirstie said.

I laughed, "Yeah, I guess. Maybe I'll just ignore it until she brings anything up. See how far she takes it?"

They nodded, "Yeah."

We arrived at the house.

"So I gotta get all my shit outta here man," I said, walking into Scott's room.

"Don't be like that. Stay, sis. Plus, you know Mitch won't let you leave," Scott laughed, following behind me.

"Alright," I sat on his bed that I honestly missed a lot, "But I'm still wearing your clothes. I mean, like, all the time. Me and Mitch are the same size but your clothes are big on me and it's cozy."

"Wear whatever you want, Cress. What's mine is yours," he smiled, sitting beside me.

I looked at him, "I miss you, man."

"I miss you too, babe," he smiled, hugging me.

"I still love you, you know that right?" I laughed.

"Of course. And I, to you," he smirked slightly.

I took a deep breath, "Your next partner will be very lucky," I smiled slightly.

"As is Mitch."

"You know, we were honest goals," I chuckled.

"Right?" He laughed.

I sighed, "Scressida will be missed dearly."

He looked at me, "Dearly."

I actually wanted to kick him in the face.

I'm still godly in love with him. I liked it more when I was with him, only because he was a sweet escape. I didn't have to hide myself from him, and he didn't hide from me. Meanwhile, Mitch feels like if he says one wrong word I'll leave.

It's difficult loving two men at once, especially two best friends.

Both of them know I'm still for the other, and I think they've fallen at peace with it. Mitch has known me his entire life and he knows I easily fall. It also doesn't hurt that Scott happens to be stunning.

He looked like someone straight out of a movie. A chiseled jaw line, perfect blond hair, and bright blue eyes. You could easily fall in love with him, and that's what I did. It's all I ever did.

"Can I just leave everything in here or should I move it to Mitchell's room?" I asked Scott.

"You can leave in it here if you want, babe, it's your choice," He said.

I got off the bed, "Speaking of, we're about to head to the shop. Wanna come?"

"But of course," he smirked slightly and bowed at me.

"Shut up and come on, nerd," I laughed as we locked arms and skipped away.

***

"Ew, it's Cressida," Avi said as we approached him on the way. It turned out he, Kirstie, and Kevin were headed our way so we just all took off to the cafe.

"Ew, it's Avriel," I snarled.

Kirstie laughed, "You two are an actual married couple."

"We try," Avi snickered.

"You still owe me that fight, lumberjack," I said, punching his arm weakly.

"As soon as I get caffeine in me, let's go. But I am drained right now," He said. We reached the destination soon after.

"After you, m'lady," he laughed, opening the door to the cafe.

"Why, thank you, kind sir," I curtsied before walking in.

"HOLY SHIT, E, I THINK THE STOVES ON FIRE," I yelled jokingly to see how he would react.

He only went on with his business, "Nice try, Reina, bu-" he was cut short by the sight of us.

"Reina, guess who's back?" He yelled.

"Oh my god, no way!" I heard her yell before she came running out of the stock room.

"Cressida, hey!" She smiled.

"Hey, Rei!" I went to her and hugged her.

"Do I not get a hug?" Ethan pouted.

"You actual child," I laughed, hugging him, too.

"How have things been with the cafe?" I asked them.

"It's been great! Although, it has only been us two all week. I've not seen Izzy once," Reina said.

Ethan chuckled, "Which is not a bad thing, at all."

I let out a breath, "You're tellin me."

I waved the others over and they stood beside me at the register.

"Okay, E, without freaking you out... These are my friends, Kirstie, Kaplan, Kevin, Scooter, and Meetch," I said.

"Why don't you use my name? Why doesn't she use my nam-" Abi started before I nudged him.

"If you want to play games, lumberjack, we can fight."

"BRING IT, MAN," he said.

I ran and quickly hid behind Scott.

"Don't hide behind a tree!" Avi yelled as he chased me around Scott.

"Scooter, help!" I yelled, but to no avail.

Avi scooped me up and flung me over his shoulder. I starting hitting his back gently, so even if there was a chance, I wouldn't hurt him. (as if I was strong enough anyways)

I squealed, "Let me go, you mammoth!"

He started spinning around, "Youre the one who wanted to fight."

"Shut up," I said.

He sat me down and I scurried behind the counter.

"I would honestly think Avi and Cressida were dating before I would think Mitch and Cressida," Reina laughed.

"Me too, sis, me too!" Kirstie agreed.

"No, Mitchy is my baby," I laughed, messing with his hair, "Avi is a piece of shIIIIIIT," I laughed.

"I don't talk to hedgehogs," he faced away from me and crossed his arms.

"Don't play games with me, Kaplan," I chuckled, poking him repeatedly.

Before he could say anything, someone walked through the door.

"Shit," I whispered to myself.

Shit, shit, shit.