IX

I honestly cannot believe I actually kissed Scott Hoying. Or, even weirder, that I enjoyed it? It's insane, isn't it? I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't overthink it but he's literally Scott Hoying, if anyone found out about this it could ruin me.

I turn around to see a group of pentatonix fans with their jaws dropped. They shared whispers and looks before walking out. Seconds later the Internet was exploding with a singular picture of the moment he kissed me.

So many tweets and comments came in and it was overwhelming. Scott had noticed too and he looked at me with regret on his face. "I'm sorry Cress, I know the media can be a pain in the ass but maybe if we lay low for a few days it'll fade away. No one should really care, anyways. It's was just a little kiss." Scott said.

"You're right, yeah. I'm okay, though. I'll just let whatever happens, happen. If everyone thinks that we're dating then let them." I shrugged.

"Maybe being fake partners will be fun?" He laughed.

"Maybe." I laughed and went back to work. Scott put an apron on and came behind the counter, and even gave Mitch one and 'slyly' whispered, "Clean tables and stuff."

"Whatcha doing, Chicago?" I asked.

"We're helping!" He beamed and looked over at Mitch who waved at me. I honestly don't know how I could've harbored so much hatred towards him. I mean, I do, but looking back now I don't really understand myself. He's such a good person. He was a huge asshole, but he has changed and I don't know how to feel. This doesn't mean I'll be his friend again because that completely ruined my life, but I'm ready to try. Finally, after all these years. I'm okay with it.

"Honestly, Scooter, you're probably going to break everything." I laughed, filling a mop bucket with water so I could mop.

"Says the person who forgot to empty the coffee machine and broke it." He mumbled.

"What?" I looked at him, "You're not slick, Hoying."

"Oh yeah? Well neither are you... Wait damn I never learned your last name?" He said, looking confused.

"It's Matthews." I said, and resumed working.

He bursts in laughter. "You're so mean, Chicago!" I scoffed.

"Hey," he said walking towards me an hugging me, "it's endearing."

***

The day went by and they actually helped a lot, but unfortunately it was time for them to leave for their next show which meant they wouldn't be back for a while.

"Do you really have to go, Scooter?" I asked as I sat down on his bed, watching him pack.

"It's part of the job, babe. Of course I do."he said, shoving what seemed to be his entire closet in his suitcase. He'd homely become one of my best friends and we've only really known each other for like four ish days, maybe five. Something about him just draws me in, I don't know. I want to get to know him but at the same time I doont want to get too close. It's legit the opposite of Mitch. I want to get closer to home, but I don't want to get close enough to get to know him.

"You have to promise to skype me, like, every day. And text me and call me and tweet me and everything. I'm going to have withdrawals." I laughed.

"I promise, Cress. It'll be just like I'm with you." He smiled and continued to grasp another bag to fill.

"Honestly, Scott, how is anyone else going to fit on that bus with all of your junk?"

"There are like 20 bunks, no joke. We could fit an entire new band with another load of junk. Plus, Mitch has more than anyone."

I laugh quietly, "He's always been high maintenance."

"High is an understatement."

"Hey, don't be rude!" Mitch yelled from his bedroom.

I laid down on the bed, "it's just as comfortable as the first time. Where the hell did you get this bed?"

"I don't remember, I think I came with the house."

I nodded along. It was definitely going to be strange with Scott gone. Wherever he went he brought really good vibes and everyone just got happy. I've always been the kind of person who hates everyone, it's kind of my thing, but I've never really seemed to hate Scott. Or any of Pentatonix, really, other than Mitch. I expected them to be such terrible people considering they put up with Mitch, but they're all great people who I'm so glad I've gotten to hang out with.

Out of all of the coffee shops he could've come into that day (because there are TONS around L.A. including a Starbucks nearly a block down, and he came into mine. So it got me wondering, "Why did you come into the cafe?"

"What?" He turned his head and looked up t me.

"Out of every coffee place you could've gone to, you came to mine. And you kept coming. Why?"

He put down his bag and laid next to me on the bed and looked up at the ceiling. "I don't really know. I guess something just drew me to it. I wanted so badly to go in there, and I don't even know why. I was only going to go in as get something and just go back to sound check, but I didn't want to leave ice I got in. And once you recognized me, all of it fit together. I wanted to know you. I'd seen you through the windows a few times, but I'd never gone in because I knew people would follow me in, and I didn't want you to get all of the false attention from fans who just wants to meet me and then leave. There's something authentic and great about your cafe that I craved. I don't know."

"But you kept coming back, even after you had it. You could've just come in and left and never even bothered to talk to me. I actually thought how I felt for Mitch would push you out of the door."

"I came back because of you and Izzy. You're great people, honestly. I've met a ton of fans, but none like you. It sound really really cheesy, but you drew me in and I wanted to get to know both of you." He said.

He turned his head towards me, and took my hand.

"I'm really going to miss you, Texas."

"I'll miss you too, Chicago. But like you said, it'll be just like you're with me." I smiled.

We sat up and I hugged him. We just kin of stood there for a bit before I pulled away.

"I'm gonna get going now.." I said walking to the door.

"Leaving so soon, babe?" He asked pulling me in again for what I thought was a hug, but he kissed me instead.

I pulled away and walked out the door slightly, turning back when I heard his voice.

"I love you, Texas." He smiled at me.

I stood thinking for a minute. We'd known each other for four days! Could I already actually care about him that much? This was legitimately still feeling like something in a fanfiction, that some girl would write every night or on we way to school. It was a dream, but it was my reality. And I'm completely okay with it.

"I love you too, Scooter. I'll see ya soon, okay?" I smiled and walked away