XVIII

After we went home that night, I went on my laptop like I usually did. This time, I went to tumblr and all I saw were pictures of.... me?

I clicked on one of the links and it was to a news website-thing. The heading was 'Scott Hoying seen with a strange girl after break up with Alexander Kirk: Is She Just A Rebound?'

What?

I decide to read further into the story.

" As we all know, Pentatonix baritone, Scott Hoying, recently had a split with his fan favorite partner, Alexander Kirk. And it was usual to see that Scott has moved on to Cressida Matthews, the owner of an L.A cafe called Astoria. No one suspected anything until one of our sources brought us something very interesting. 

Isaac Ledgate, head of RCA Records, came to us earlier and stated that 'No one needs to get into a frenzy about Cressida. She's just a way to get Scott to move on. Neither of them know this, so it'll be a shock to both of them, but it's all been set up. We've been talking to her best friend for weeks about this. We planted Scott in their cafe intentionally and gave them VIP tickets.

'Isabelle, the best friend, was the one who give us the idea. She came to us shortly after the split and we offered $200. So don't expect them to be together much longer.'

So if I were you, I wouldn't expect Scressida to evolve at all. Especially considering the recent photo leaks of Scott with self proclaimed YouTube star, Allison Harrison alone at the biggest and best bar in Springfield right after the group got back from their L.A visit off tour. Could this be the next big scandal, or was it just a hit and run?

Scressida? Really? That's honestly the best they came up with?

No matter that, I had a word to say to Izzy.

I got up and walked into Mitch's room.

"Really, Izzy?"

"Wha-"

"Don't play dumb with me. You'd been talking to RCA for months?!"

"Okay, yes, but that's not-"

"No. Don't try to justify this. I just found out that my bet friend basically set me up with my boyfriend for publicity. He didn't just randomly come in, you brought him in. And for all I know, the others were in on it, too," I hissed.

"Well, yes, but not Scott, I promise. Him and Mitch the only ones who didn't know," She said.

"You didn't just randomly decide to go to the concert. You begged me to go so you could set me up with Scott. You made me go through so much hurt and hatred with Mitch do you could make a few extra dollars."

"C, please let me explain."

By this point I was furious. It hasn't really hit me until I said it out loud. She knew how much I dreaded having to get to know Mitch again, and she went through with this.

"Fine. But only so I know exactly why to be pissed," I huffed out.

"Listen, Cressida, I didn't mean anything bad by it. I'd heard you talking about how he was your favorite and he's the only reason you tolerate them, and I knew you would be a super cute couple. Also, I used to work at a PR Headquarters for One Direction so I knew how it all went down. I went to Isaac knowing he would gobble it up. I also knew it would help your relationship with Mitch. I was sort of trying to help out," she said quietly.