XXVI

post concert !!!

Cressidas P.O.V

We met back up in the hotel after the concert was over and we greeted a few fans on the way.

"I think you should improvise more, honestly," I laughed, shoving a powdered donut in my mouth.

Mitch took a donut out of the bag and popes one in his as well, "Don't lie, C. That was a mess."

"Come on, now. You saw how happy they were when you did White Winter Hymnal, man. Maybe you should do it Friday , too, I laughed.

"Can you believe that the tour officially ends in two days?" Kirstie smiled ear to ear.

Avi looked around at each of us with a grin on his face, "It's been a great time."

"I'm just excited I get to see my family in Arlington," Scott said.

"Completely, yes. It's been way to long," Mitch said.

I sighed, "I haven't seen my parents since senior year."

"Call them and tell them to show up at the venue tomorrow," Mitch said suddenly, "They do still live in Arlington, right?"

"Yeah, always have, man."

I decided to text them and tell them, and they said they'd show up.

"How do you expect them to get in?" I asked.

"Okay, I'm literally in the band that the venue booked. I can get anyone I want in there," he laughed.

"Don't be so cocky, Grassi," I threw a pen at him from across the room where I was sitting.

Everyone laughed as he took the pen and tried to throw it back but missed terribly, hitting the lamp beside the bed.

"Okay but what are we going to do tomorrow? We don't leave until near 7 pm," Kevin asked.

"We could go to the mall, to the IMAX cinema to see PPZ – which I recommend –, we could go I've Skating. I'm also 89% sure there's a huge indirect trampoline park thing here," I said, "Or we could dive an hour-ish away to OKC and go to Frontier City?"

"Why don't we go to the theater and then to Frontier City?" Kirstie asked.

"Because fuck you, that's why," Mitch retaliated. For the second time already, there was a flying pen heading Mitch's way. It hit the wall beside his shoulder as he jumped, dodging it.

"Sounds great, Kirst," I laughed, resting my head on my elbow that was on Avis leg.

Avi and I had gotten unbelievably close over the past week. He's definitely become my favorite of the bunch, along with Scott. I felt bad for not being as close to Kevin or Kirstie. As close as they and I are, it's nothing compared to Avi, Scott, and I.

"The movie starts at 9:30," Avi said, knocking my arm out from under me, causing me to stumble. Meanwhile, Avi was bursting apart with laughter.

I punched his arms slightly before taking my position again, "Then we'd better head out."

***

We were on our way when Scott shrieked.

"The recording for Ref is together!"

The rest of us beamed as he connected his phone to the radio in the car.

The song started playing:

"Maybe I got just a little too much pride to let you back into my life," Scott's voice rang from the radio, "You think I miss you,"

Avi looked at me, pushing me slightly with his shoulder, "not yet, not yet."

The song continued and it was amazing. Each part went together beautifully. The original rehearsal and arrangements and recording process was great, but all of I being fully together and composed gave it a small something. Something the other processes didn't have.

"You know, I wish I had as good a voice as you guys. I've aspired to be a singer since I was young," I laughed.

"Why don't you open for us tomorrow, or on the next tour? It would give you the break you need," Kevin recommended.

"Could I?"

"Totally, sis," Mitch said.

"You guys are great, man. After meeting you, my life has skyrocketed. I have a great boyfriend," I smiled and looked at Mitch; "A great best friend," I nudged Scott, "Amazing friends, that I plan on being best friends with soon," I said to the rest of them; "And this random lumberjack that we picked up from the side of the road in Tampa probably," I laughed at Avi.

He stuck his tongue out at me, "At least I'm not a hedgehog."

I fake-pouted and crossed my arms, "Mitchy, do I look like a hedgehog?"

He tensed up slightly, "I'm uncomfortable."

I scoffed, "Oh my god!"

"Hush, we're here!" Scott cut us short.

We got out and went in. We got the tickets and waited for it to start, and when it did, Mitch hung on my harm and didn't move for the entire movie.

It ended up being amazing.

Next, we headed to frontier city. All the while, everyone was talking about theories and a sequel and Darcy. It was amazing.

***

We got out of the car and stood in the lines. The line was, per usual, long as fuck, though. I guess today a lot of kids were out, because it was packed.

As soon as we got in, I looked at them.

"How long has it been since you've eaten?" I asked them.

"A few hours, why?" Avi asked.

"There's one ride that I really want to go on that no one would ever let me ride, and it said you're not supposed to do it if you've had a meal in the past hour," I grinned evilly.

"Well, we ate popcorn at the movies. That shouldn't matter, right?" There was actual fear in Mitch's eyes and his voice.

I grabbed his hand and Scott's and a ran off towards the coaster.

We got up to it and looked up. The thing must've been 300 feet tall. I looked around to see it struck terror in the eyes of the others. I laughed as I pulled them all in the line.

We reached the ride, and got it. The sequence was Mitch and I facing Scott and Kirstie while Avi and Kevin sat in the rows behind us.

The ride started up and it went around and around, and we were having a great time..

Until I got stuck at the top and they couldn't get it back.

***

A/N; OOOOOH SNAP MAN

this is a piece of shit

also sorry for only updating once yesterday I like my streak of twice/three times a day

I don't have anything for you to decide on today :^(

BUT ANNOUNCEMENT TIME;; I am probably going to be writing a collab with the lovely lucyeloise1 (go check her out) and it should be up soon-ish :-)

Alright, that's all or today!

And as always, leave a comment below, vote if you'd like, I love u guys, and I will see all you dudes in the next chapter!

-ash xx :-)