chapter 13

Brantley's POV: by SPaige0615

I growled and kissed Lila one more time before easing back. She pouted and reached for me again, panting and whining when I stepped out of her reach. I growled and she moaned. "Brantley..." She breathed. "Darlin we've gotta pump the breaks." I explained. "No!" She exclaimed and launched herself at me. Didn't see that one coming. I caught her with one arm and adjusted her so that she was slung over my shoulder. Walking into the kitchen, I set her on the counter and grabbed us each a bottle of water out of the fridge. "Is it me?" She asked timidly. "Yeah, it's definitely you." I chuckled. Lila didn't catch my drift and averted her eyes, thinking it was something bad. "Easy little one. I didn't mean it as a bad thing. You drive me insane, in the best way possible. But this won't be a casual one-off thing Lila. You're not some random hook up." I started to explain. "I don't want a casual hook up." She said shyly. "Lila, when a wolf finds his mate, it's for life. Claimed. Marked. Bonded. For life. No breaking up. No divorce. Everything changes. If that isn't something you're ready for, I need to leave. I need to walk away right now. The full moon is too close for me to keep the wolf away. He's ready to grab you, sink our teeth in your throat, mark you as ours. Love you until you black out. I can't let myself touch you when he's this close. I don't want to hurt you." I growled again. Lila bit her lip and blushed. "Is it... Is it so bad that he wants me?" She asked bashfully. "No. I know exactly what I want. That's not in question. The question is what do you want sweet Lila?" I countered. "I want it all." She whispered. Had I not been a wolf, I wouldn't have heard it. I rumbled happily and locked my mouth to hers again, kissing down her jaw, nuzzling her neck. I nipped her again where I'd mark her. She trembled and reached for the button on my jeans. "Not yet angel. Not during the full moon. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I accidentally hurt you." I fought for control. Lila ignored my protests and whipped her shirt over her head. "You won't hurt me Brantley. I trust you." She smiled. I groaned. "Baby-" she cut me off. "Please? I need you." She blinked those big blue eyes up at me. I hung my head and admitted defeat. I yanked her off the counter and into my arms as I headed back to the bedroom. The wolf was happily rumbling, content to have his mate in his arms. I laid her down and moved over her, pinning her hands above her head. She gasped and arched up against me, goosebumps rising on her skin. "God you smell good.." I purred and ran my tongue down her stomach as I removed her pants. The pink lace bra and panties she wore looked so sweet that it made my teeth hurt. She went to cover herself when I kept looking at her. I growled and shook my head. "Hands above your head Lila. Don't hide yourself from me sweet girl." She did as she was told and I ran my hand along her side, reveling in the way she melted to my touch.